Should we be worried?

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Men’s Basketball Should we be worried?

This topic contains 36 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  toddcudd 8 years, 12 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)
  • Author

lfnadmin
    Keymaster

Um…

StablerBum
    StablerBum
    Participant

Interesting. If you read between the lines with Reed, he certainly seems to be a pretty religious guy, and even seems to thread it into the program somewhat. Since that is a requisite at Liberty, combined with the hoops success he has had – he would certainly appear to stick it out in what must be a somewhat more shallow pool of candidates than a typical school. I’m not sure how attractive Reed is nationally right now, but I’m sure he is very attractive to Liberty.

TMH
    Participant

Perhaps someone is announcing his candidacy for President. :-)

toddcudd
    Participant

Ha! I read that completely differently. I figured this was about Liberty and The Real LU working out a future football series.

sundayamqb
    sundayamqb
    Participant

No way I’m going to Liberty if I’m Reed. He deserves better.

Maybe they’re looking at some high school athletes.

jimk72
    jimk72
    Participant

To answer the question “should we be worried?” Yes and no.
    Liberty is a dead end basketball job as long as they are in the Big South and in my opinion a step down. Yes we should worry because it’s a perfect fit for a man of uncompromising moral values who might look at it as a mission, career be damned*. And a big challenge. If that’s in Coach Reed’s heart I think he’s gone. And, Liberty has more money than God*.

However, no need to worry if Matt Logie is tired of winter’s in Spokane and has Division 1 aspirations. We already knew he could recruit. Now we know he can coach. With all deference to the good doctor, coach Logie might be an upgrade.

(*sorry Liberty, not intended as cheap shots)

LUHoops00
    Participant

That would be my first call as well. Fastest d3 coach to 100 wins, coach logie.

jimk72
    jimk72
    Participant

A recent Matt Logie tweet: Happy Three Year Lehigh Beats Duke Anniversary! #family #tlc @CJMcCollum @GabeRoy42 @Holden20Gs @bj_bailey. I’m pretty much Twitter illiterate but this ones pretty easy to figure out.

TMH
    Participant

My take is that leaving Lehigh for Liberty would have similar results as Billy Taylor going to Ball State. Brett is not coming off of his two finest years here but as I stated in another thread this team reminds me of the 2010-2011 team that went 16-15. I really believe that next year’s team may be as talented as the team that won the PL in 2011-2012 and beat Duke (although I’m not counting on the latter). If he wants to maximize his potential, wait another 1-2 years.
    The irony on Liberty is that the AD said that they have an 8,000 seat arena and it is empty for basketball games. He indicated that he wants a coach who can fill it. That is not necessarily our strong point.:-)

ngineer
    ngineer
    Participant

Just like football, make the students attend! Everyone in lockstep down there. Can’t believe Reed leaves what he has brewing here at Lehigh for Lynchburg. My guess is plane was here recruiting in the LV.

toddcudd
    Participant

So you guys are gonna owe me a bar tab when the Lehigh/Liberty football home-and-home series is announced, right? ;-)

StablerBum
    StablerBum
    Participant

You guys think it is a coincidence that Liberty has an opening for a head hoops coach and is flying to the Lehigh Valley? I don’t think they’d be flying up here (btw, the fact that they have a plane and are using it for such purposes shows what kind of emphasis they put on sports) for recruiting or scheduling.

http://www.libertyflamesnation.com/who-is-brett-reed/

Agree with others that Logie would be the first call, hands down – although I bet Wyche would throw his name right in the ring as well.

StablerBum
    StablerBum
    Participant

Apparently Reed is in the “final five” at Liberty – http://www.libertyflamesnation.com/coaching-search-update-5/.

toddcudd
    Participant

Fran O’Han conspicuously missing from that list. What airport would you fly into to go to Easton?
    Yeah, OK, I’m reaching now…

pafan11
    Participant

If stablerbum link is any indication Reed would have had to interview and Liberty must be very high on him if they are flying in to speak with him. As for this team being as talented or more talented than the 2011-2012 team, IMHO not even close. That team had four pro players in MM, HG, GK, and CJ. This team has one that can play any kind of significant pro basketball. Might be time for Reed to make a move.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.