Spring game

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Football Spring game

This topic contains 2 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  lfnadmin 13 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Could only watch via computer but game productive. O still has a way to go. JB and Lum sharp. Trace and Colvin NOT. Colvin understandable Trace disappointing. OL disheveled. WR and TE both nice . Running game not much but really OL problem. D quite good. Chagani impressed me. Lots of dbs and lbs hard to keep track of who was who but they looked good.

ngineer
    ngineer
    Participant

Yes, nice to see some new names for the future like Chagani and the TE from Philly. With a few more pounds, he could be another Bergen. A lot of positives to take into summer workouts. D unit should be impressive and agreed about the OL–although the first unit should be ok, I’m concerned about depth.

lfnadmin
    Keymaster

http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.co … final.html

A few things stood out with this weekend’s spring game to me, which I mentioned in this blog posting. I will say this: I hope the 2010 season proves the old adage that "defense wins championships" because barring injury we are going to have one heck of a defense out there. The amount of talent – and depth – we have there is scary.

Offensively, I was really encouraged by the smart decisions both Clark and Lum made under pressure. I really liked coach Coen’s decision to have both QBs face real pressure in the game, and for the most part they passed with flying colors. Cisneros and Colvin’s days were affected by a banged-up "O" line plus a deep, deep defense but Colvin showed some real flashes of promise followed by some real freshman mistakes.

Lots to be excited about, I think.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.