SPRING PRACTICE

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Football SPRING PRACTICE

This topic contains 65 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by ngineer ngineer 9 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 66 total)
  • Author

LehighGuy
    Participant

Wow, just counted like 56 on roster. Hope everyone stays healthy this spring. Just read the article. We really hurting at the Rb and corner position. Both tailbacks are are non schollie guys. One of the freshman has a GREAT chance to start with the departure of Leigh. The corner position is up for grabs, I heard Jones is moving to safety. That leaves just Riguald and Redmond as only corners since Leaks is out with injury. Going to be a interesting spring. I’m not concerned with the offense, the D is what needs the MOST work.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

LG
    More like 50 or so with rehab guys. Folmar likes one back sets. Guessing that Kenny will get to run quite a bit. Surprised about moving Q to S. Botts must be expecting DL to control LOS reducing allowing hjm to play more cover guys. Of course,could also mean all those Ss suck :)

TMH
    Participant

Wilmington is not on the roster. He is expected to be granted a medical redshirt but I’ll assume that he can’t be rostered until it is finalized.

LehighGuy
    Participant

In regards to the safeties. I still have high hopes for Siegenthaler who was injured most of last yr. Lambert to LB right???? Lawson was new to the position. I thought Q was taking over Cambell spot, maybe now Lambert???? As RB you referring to Mackenzie, the 6’2 230 FB???? I’d like a tailback with some wiggle and breakaway speed on any given play……see Fordham.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

For Spring beggars cant be choosers at RB. Also think,Siegenthaler is best suited at SS.

TMH
    Participant

LB,
    I don’t think Rich was suggesting that Crawford be the every down back. In spring, he will get carries by default. I would like to see if he could be effective in a Sean Farrell type role though. We could always use someone big enough to move the pile in 3rd and 1 situations.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Yup. Sean one of my all time favorites.

lfnadmin
    Keymaster

All the FBs and RBs will have a great chance of showing what they got this spring. If I’m one of them, my goal is to take advantage and to show they can be “the man” before the frosh show up.

Buddy
    Participant

Rich,
    Wow, what a shame about Leigh he was a tough back, major loss. Contacted my Pennridge connection about Crawford, I guess you call him Kenny. Heard that he is now 6’2″ 240lbs, squatted 520 and benched close to 400 (3rd on the team overall including linemen) and got much faster since last year. If it were my call I would build the offense around Shaf and Crawford, just a thought, God willing they both stay healthy. He just may be the diamond in the ruff? I guess there was a reason he was being recruited by several D1A schools.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Thks Buddy. He missed most of last season. Agree ,great if we can keep them and everyone else healthy this year. Perhaps with 2 healthy FBs,Folmar may start using his FBs. The more options we have aming veterans the better we wl be as frosh move up.

sundayamqb
    sundayamqb
    Participant

Crazy that Leigh didn’t get a full ride or that it couldn’t be changed.

I wonder what were the circumstances behind his recruitment — did he know about Yosha, then Yosha got hurt, etc.? I think he’s from same town as Chris Lum.

Anyone know where he’s headed? Should have a bright future in FCS or below.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

From what I hear he doesn’t know where he is headed ,looking for a schollie. Dont know how much of a schollie he rec’d. My guess is he let Andy know a goid while ago. Hence ,3 RBs in class at least 2 on full rides. As far as I know,there is no PL rule barring an increase in a merit schollie.Given cifcumstances dont think it was a power play by Leigh. Makes no difference now anyway.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Speakung of RBs,Micco won a weightlifting invitational with a bench and clean total of 695 lbs. Another Ron Jean,altho a bit bigger.

Miller
    Participant

Shaf=JB Clark
    He could end up being 3rd on depth chart behind Timochenko and Mayes. That was a bold move by Andy in 2010 that propelled Lehigh to the top. A bold move that some will question may need to be made again to turn things around.

TMH
    Participant

Miller,
    Although I’ve heard similar comments from other people, I don’t agree. How does anyone know exactly how good NS is? He started 2 games as a freshman, both wins and complete 11 out of 12 in his debut. He played the entire season last year with a tear in his throwing shoulder. Consequently, the game plan had to be streamlined to account for an inability to throw long. If McHale was healthy, perhaps he gets operated on last year. We know he can run effectively. I’d give him every opportunity to show what he could do with a healthy arm and experience. If he fails to perform up to expectations during the OOC games, then reconsider. Remember, Lum, Colvin, Bialkowski hadn’t even seen the field until their junior or senior year.
    Just my opinion.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 66 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.