SPRING PRACTICE

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Football SPRING PRACTICE

This topic contains 65 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by ngineer ngineer 5 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 66 total)
  • Author
    RichH
    RichH
    Participant

If indeed,either are that much better than Chris was over Clark then I have no problem with that. Caveat is they aren’t. If you compare Lum’s and Shaf’s so.numbers,there is little difference. Lum is one of the best that has played for us.

Miller
    Participant

Only time will tell, but there will no excuses with a healthy shoulder. Shaf may be a good QB, but this team needs a great QB. All most ask for is unbiased open competition.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Agreed. Andy has shown that,while he is extremely liyal,he has no qualms about putting the best on the field. He did not sugarcoat Shaf’s play last year.

sundayamqb
    sundayamqb
    Participant

I agree with Miller. Hopefully Nick’s arm is much better. We need a go-deep guy. From what I’ve seen of Timochenko, he has a cannon.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Matt has a very good arm. Shaf,has an adequate arm when healthy. Deep passes are nice but accurate ones and proper reads much more important in our O. Lum did not have a cannon either. Remains to be seen whether Folmar will actually use Air Lehigh O. We didn’t last yr,running more of an option hybrid. Perhaps due to the injuries and the early death of Shaf’s arm.

TMH
    Participant

Keep in mind that MT has very little playing experience. I’m not talking college. He only started at QB very late in his junior year, which gives him about 14-15games under his belt..total. It appears he may be a diamond in the rough in that regard and I understand he has a gun and a good IQ. I wouldn’t rush him if possible.
    Again just my opinion.

TMH
    Participant
    ngineer
    ngineer
    Participant

First I heard about Leigh. Tough blow. I expected him to be starting this year. Did he get a full ride somewhere else??

badjnj
    Participant

FYI – Shaf had 4 tears in his shoulder.

ngineer
    ngineer
    Participant

And we had more in our eyes at #150. At least know we know why there was not deep ball threat being tried. While MT has a ‘gun’ we need some WRs who can get open deep. Hopefully our star frosh WR from last year is getting faster. If so he can be another Spadola.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

From what I heard he is looking for a schollie. Hope the frosh can fit in quickly.

holyloch61
    Participant

After reading some of the comments about the Lehigh QB SHAF ,I have to respond . First of all there are no GREAT QB’s without a good team behind them, both Offense and Defense . So maybe some of the people making comments should go to the PL stats for the year and see where the LEHIGH QB finished ,and you might be surprised to see SHAF was the SECOND BEST QB in the league also would have been 5th or 6th in RUSHING without the loss of QB sack yardage .Then MAYBE you could LOOK UP the STATS for the LEHIGH DEFENSE ,LAST in the league in ALL stats .It wasn’t the LEHIGH QB who gave up a 4th period td to JMU.it wasn’t the QB who gave up the lead to YALE TWICE after leading by 21 points,it wasn’t the QB who gave up 3 70 yard plus td’s to BU ,it wasn’t the QB who gave up a td in the last 20 seconds to MU and it wasn’t the QB who called 7 running plays from the 1 yard line and did not score against HC .All these games should have been wins for LEHIGH ,so lets not blame the QB who even though he was injured PLAYED well enough to win these games .As for throwing long down field pass plays ,first you need someone who has some SPEED to get downfield then you NEED the line to block so the QB has TIME to locate and then throw the ball and then HOPE our guy can catch the ball .Thought I had to get this off my chest because of all the negative remarks about our QB who would have had a GREAT YEAR of 8 and 3 with those 5 wins .If you don’t believe it ,look up the stats for those games and see WHY and HOW Lehigh lost those games .

toddcudd
    Participant

Thought I’d look over the PL stats, but having trouble with it. They seem be incomplete. For example, in the passing numbers, there are no QBs listed for Colgate or Bucknell. And it can’t be qualifying minimums either, because there are guys listed with 1 or 2 attempts.
    Am I missing something there? Or is there a better place to get PL stats from last year?

LehighGuy
    Participant

Excellent post Holy, hit it right on the nail….LMAO!

van
    van
    Participant

no question the D was the Achilles last year, other than Shaf not being able to make the deep throw due to the injury which most of us were unaware of I don’t see where he is taking undue criticism

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 66 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.