SPRING PRACTICE

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Football SPRING PRACTICE

This topic contains 65 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by ngineer ngineer 9 years ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 61 through 66 (of 66 total)
  • Author

TMH
    Participant

Thanks for the info chip. I was referring to Kee. I would have loved to see Leigh lay 3 more years at Lehigh but he has to do what is best for him. I think we will be just fine at RB next year.
    Barring significant injuries, our offense will be fine. The defense will determine how far we progress.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Yup. O should be fine and with a bit of luck could be very good.
    I look at D and believe I see a lot of individual talent. Hope I’m right.
    Expect we should be better. Cant seem to shake my sanguine anticipations for the coming season. How well can this staff teach these guys? How effective can DC scheme and call D during games? Both open questions for me going into season. Hope Andy is right that this bunch can coach.

toddcudd
    Participant

I know next to nothing about Andy’s coaching, but it felt encouraging to read his quotes about being more “hands-on” this coming year. Especially with what is still a pretty new coaching staff. Do you guys see that as a positive?

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

If anything that gives me some hope. Andy “hands on “with players and coaches. Got to be better. Acoountabilitu top to bottom.

ngineer
    ngineer
    Participant

Hope College! I was recruited there back in 1968. Nice place and a good DIII tradition. Too bad it did not work out for us. He can be a real star at that level.

ngineer
    ngineer
    Participant

Senior leadership will be critical to this team. It was lacking last year. I did not see the captains getting into players’ faces (and there was plenty of opportunity for that). Indeed some of the leaders made some of the biggest bonehead mistakes, i.e. personal fouls that created significant momentum swings and significantly changed field position. When the ‘leaders’ are making those mistakes, it’s hard for them to lead. No one is perfect, but there has to be personal responsibility for everyone. The”hands on” comment by Andy was welcome and glad to see he sees the need–especially with a number of young assistants.

Viewing 6 posts - 61 through 66 (of 66 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.