STARTERS

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Football STARTERS

This topic contains 41 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by RichH RichH 9 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 42 total)
  • Author

LehighGuy
    Participant

Why would they kick away from Yosha??? What has he done to strike fear in opposing coaches?? Looks like Lehigh just gave him the starting RB job, and why???? Because he “walked-on” at Miami(U). I just don’t understand all the Hype over Yosha. His highlight tape wasn’t that impressive. I hope I’m wrong and he has 200yds and 2tds tom…….:)

LehighGuy
    Participant

P.S. I hope your right and they kick away from Yosha and give Leaks a chance……I like them odds MUCH BETTER!

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Yosha is impressive. The Miami videos show little. The vdeos from Cathedral are scary good. There is validity to his Jr ranking as #7RB. U thought enuf of him to recruit him even after knee injury. A natural RB with speed and power. Just hope OL can give him some room.
    We have lots of question marks,he isn’t one of them.

toddcudd
    Participant

I’ll admit, I’m eager to see Yosha. That #7 feels like a big deal. Hard to imagine we’ve ever had a RB who was that highly regarded out of high school. And the fact that he even saw the field as a frosh at Miami says a lot to me. Maybe I put too much weight on that, but I’m excited.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Rabih the best we’ve ever had. Actually most schools recruited as a LB. Kevin got him to come here by promising him a shot at RB. Yosha last played in a game as an RB in HS. Just another new moving part for LU this year.

toddcudd
    Participant

P.S. I’m very confident that Yosha wasn’t given “the starting RB job”. I would have bet an organ the Sodeke would be number 1, week 1 – just the way we seem to do things. The fact that BY got the nod says something to me too.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Good point,todd. Did not consider that. Not that sold on Sodeke. A very solid player. A solid senior would usually be the starter over a 1st yr player,unless he clearly won the job.
    Now onto game. Hope team much less nervous than I:)

toddcudd
    Participant

Kinda nervous here too, but excited. REALLY happy with all the streaming coverage we have now. This NC guy is gonna be able to see a lot of LU game this season – woo-hoo!

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Me too. W vetoed going with forecast of heavy storms late afternoon. Got Yale instead. Gotta survive these 1st two.

LehighGuy
    Participant

Hope you guys are right about Yosha. I did see the HS video, me and the rest of the coaches in America. Wasn’t impressed and neither were they, he had ZERO offers coming out of HS. And he played special teams for Miami. He’s not the player he was speed wise with all those injuries, he ran a 4.7 in HS. Hope he’s all you guys wish him to be, we will see today.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Serious knee injuries do tend to limit FBS offers:)
    We all hope he is as good as Andy thinks he is now.

LehighGuy
    Participant

Not just FBS……FCS and D2 as well. Well except for Lehigh ;)

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Duffy in at OT,Nunes injured. Guy cannot seem to avoid injury.

TheCobbler
    Participant

Hey LehighGuy, Yosha looks pretty good to me so far…

van
    van
    Participant

Yosha looked great, good quickness and surprising power for a smaller guy, O line very impressive as well as tight ends, Shaf not a great passer yet, but with some more seasoning he could be, last years D showed up in the second half, too bad because this was definitely a winnable game

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 42 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.