Starting lineups???

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Football Starting lineups???

This topic contains 67 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by ngineer ngineer 8 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 61 through 68 (of 68 total)
  • Author

Hawkineer2
    Participant

Offense has to open up and incorporate different looks – three yards and a cloud of dust and hand offs up the middle on most third downs does not produce W’s for Lehigh.

van
    van
    Participant

hope the O can open up, but am excited about the 2 Fr RBs and the veteran OL, if D is still a sieve, then some ball control might not be all that bad

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Might be our best D. Boring as hell but ,if it works, all well and good.
    Hopeful,that its not necessary. I am really optimistic about how good our O can be.

just a fan
    Participant

Awsome

just a fan
    Participant

yea I agree Bucknell has a crapy schedule while Fordham just have flat out studs

LehighGuy
    Participant

I really think we can win alot of games. The O was better than avg last yr with all the injuries, should be better this yr. The RBs should be better than anybody we had last yr (miss Leigh). The D CANT be worse, its impossible IMO. The Cbs and safeties will be benched early if they play like last yr, coaches have no choice. I think if Newton makes that game saving INT vs JMU, the whole season would have been different. Feeling real good about this yr and hope we shock the PL.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Pretty much agree LG. We may have a Hank Small kind of year,relying on O to outscore opponents.
    Hope you’re right about D. After the prior 2 seasons,I said basically the same thing. I was wrong.3 years of increasingly bad D. Perhaps,we bottomed out last year. Do think if Botts can put a middling D out there,we will do quite well. Can a D be resurrected in 1 year? “Experts” say impossible. Probably right but we dont need a great D just a more consistent one that gives up fewer big plays and gets more TOs.

ngineer
    ngineer
    Participant

Other than JMU and Fordham, I don’t see anyone else being a ‘prohibitive favorite’ on our schedule. Injuries some lucky breaks, who knows. Seems like a lot of good, talented athletes. Question will be whether they meld as a team. Senior leadership very important. Mates have to hold each other accountable.

Viewing 8 posts - 61 through 68 (of 68 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.