Summer Session

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Men’s Basketball Summer Session

This topic contains 8 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  pafan11 10 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

LUHoops00
    Participant

Incoming frosh and most returning players head back to campus today to start their work for 13-14 campaign. Players get to workout and get some practice time in whole enrolled in classes. Pretty fired up about incoming class and its cool it all starts today!

LUHoops00
    Participant

http://m.espn.go.com/ncb/story?storyId=9451615

Really good read above, love love love Reed motivating Mackey to be a good leader, time will tell and I have my questions if MM can lead this team properly but Reed at least confirming our thoughts in that it has to be MM team to get us where we want to go.

One additional thought on leaders, I think AD can step up and will this year, and don’t count out JC. JC is already 21, so he is a senior in age, and it seems he is a workhorse and that staff really likes him. If his early production is high I could see him emerge as a leader for this new wave of players his year and below.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

July a great time for kids on campus. Frosh get to acclimate and upperclass to prepare. Not only bball on campus tho. For us fball fanatics, key is having so many guys on campus all summer and more coming in this weekend. Both sports have serious retooling for the upcoming seasons. This month will be crucial for these efforts.

StablerBum
    StablerBum
    Participant

Pretty excited at all the new talent that should be on the court this year. You never know how things will work out (good or bad), but at least on paper, there are a number of very exciting new guys that just got to Bethlehem. How could you not be juiced to finally see Chuku, Price, Simelton, Kempton, and Whitfield take the floor after talking about them forever?!

This team will definitely be young and inexperienced, but they should also be very athletic and play a fun brand of basketball. I’m hoping for a lot of dunks out of our guy JC this year, and I’m not talking about one handers on the break.

TMH
    Participant

The freshman sendoff for Bethlehem will be on July 17. Since many of the athletes will not be home for their own sendoff, they typically attend this one.
    All are welcome. For those who cannot make it, let me know if there is anything you would like me to observe or chat about.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

I get a vision of those commecials on TV about speed dating….lol So many will be there no way to talk them all up. Your impressions of the kids will be great.

LUHoops00
    Participant

Want to start a running list if who it appears is on campus for summer workouts, whose not on campus, and who we don’t have an answer on at this time.

Definitely at LU – entire freshman class, entire sophomore class.
    Definitely not at LU – Conroy Baltimore and JRG(might be some rule about transfer not being a me to so summer workouts, not sure, saw a tweet from him saying something about wanting to be there.
    Not positive either way – CS, SC, AD, MM. I know AD had been in NYC for internship but not sure if it is still going on or if it ended yet. MM not been active o. Twitter but a few days ago did tweet how it was his last dinner with family at a specific restaurant for a while, so my guess is he is on campus. Been radio silence on SC and CS, so your guess is as good ad mine. I would hope they both are there though.

Not sure CB reason for not going but man if I were him I find a way to get there because playing time which was tough for him last year is up for grabs and a lot of hungry guys coming in want a shot at playing.

LUHoops00
    Participant

Forgot to mention strained hip flexor for MS, probably out for a bit.

pafan11
    Participant

Everyone has done a great job with updates about recruiting and keeping us informed on CJ, Gabe, and Holden which is awesome. However is there any talk or info about how the summer went or how this years team is shaping up?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.