TBT – The Basketball Tournament

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Men’s Basketball TBT – The Basketball Tournament

This topic contains 9 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by RichH RichH 8 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

lehigh90
    Participant

This is the winner take all $1 Million basketball tournament that features about 100 teams nationally playing in 4 regions, like the NCAA bracket.
    Lehigh hoops is represented by “The Wrecking Crew”, which features Holden Greiner, Cory Goodman, Jordan Hamilton, and Mackey McKnight. CJ is listed as a booster, but will not play. The Wrecking Crew are the 16th seed in the Northeast region.
    I believe game action starts tonight in some regions, but Lehigh team opens on 7/17 in Philly.
    They would be a huge longshot. The better teams in the field are filled with ex-NBA players. The top team is Grantland, which features Mike Bibby, Brian Scalabrine, Jason Williams, Royal Ivey, Matt Bonner and Reggie Williams. Last year, it was won by a group of Notre Dame alums.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Do we know who else is on the Wrecking Crew?

toddcudd
    Participant

I get the impression that the other guys are friends of our guys; maybe some teammates from overseas? Here’s a link to their published roster – don’t know if it’s complete: Wrecking Crew

There’s also a Syracuse alumni team that looks like a serious contender. Includes Hakim Warrick, Eric Devendorf.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Guessing mostly Grener’s friends from Mich. Thought we could get Z also. Oh,well.
    ND team looks pretty good also. Saw them on Facebook.

toddcudd
    Participant

Yeah, I was hoping to see Z on the team too; he played in it last year, if I’m not mistaken. I think he recently had a minor surgery, and isn’t playing at all this time.

toddcudd
    Participant

The games are actually streaming on the site. So far, I’m not impressed with the 2 games I’ve peeked in on; I think our guys would do well vs. these teams. But, these are also not top teams.

toddcudd
    Participant

Wrecking Crew have won their first game via forfeit. They’ll play next on Saturday morning at 9am, against a highly-regarded Philly team.
    Bracket is here, and it has links to live feeds once the games start.

The Tournament

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Thks todd. Guess,I’ll be sitting in front of the computer.

toddcudd
    Participant

Down 48-43 at the half, but right in it. MUCH higher level of basketball than I saw in earlier first-round games. Both look like teams rather than just playground pickups.
    Holden and Jordan are carrying the load, and arguably look like the best 2 players on the court. Mackey very solid with the handle, but not much production statistically. When others ran the point, it hurt – some sloppy handling.
    Winnable game, I think.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

MM will score 2nd half,like always:)H impressive.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.