The 150th …

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Football The 150th …

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by ngineer ngineer 11 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    sundayamqb
    sundayamqb
    Participant

Found this in the E-T.

http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/sports/index.ssf/2012/02/lafayette_college_lehigh_unive_2.html

Tavani’s being his normal self, but seriously they should consider moving this anniversary game to a bigger venue. Not sure Yankee Stadium is the right fit, but … I like the idea of having it in the metro area, then go to Lafayette for 151, Lehigh for 152, etc..

Other suggestions: Michie Stadium? Franklin Field? I like the historical notion of a stadium, as long as it’s big enough …

It’d be great to see 30,000 or more people there …

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

It is interesting. Pard home game. Dont blame them for some resistance to moving game.
    Where?
    Yankee Stadium discussed ad nauseum, not a real option.
    Franklin, Palmer, PPL. Not too many real options. Better to expand seating. Unfortunatrly Fisher not that amenable to adding a lot of temporary bleachers..

ngineer
    ngineer
    Participant

I don’t like the idea. Logistical issues. Getting all the students there. Franklin Field? Yankee Stadium? Where’s the tailgating going to occur? Only CBP or Rutgers would seem reasonably close and the size of stadium wanted. You really don’t want a lot of empty seats either.  Fisher might squeeze in another 3,000 seats. So what. Where are all these fans the other years? Leotards get 150, we get 175. It’s only a number.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.