THE GAME

This topic contains 52 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by ngineer ngineer 12 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 53 total)
  • Author

LU65
    Participant

Game Notes
    http://www.lehighsports.com/assets/1/workflow_staging/Sport/47768.PDF

Rankings, Probabilities, Lines

Pomeroy
    LU 85
    BU 98
    BU wins 69-66 (38% chance)

Sagarin Predictor
    LU 94
    BU 104
    Line: BU -3

NCAA Seeding

Fox Sports has winner a #15 going to Pittsburgh to face #2 Ohio State
    http://msn.foxsports.com/collegebasketball/story/NCAA-tournament-bracket-predictions-030412

Bracketology (Joe Lunardi) has winner a #15 going to Greensboro to face #2 Duke
    http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology

Local News Coverage

http://dailyitem.com/0200_sports/x1125105902/Mens-basketball-Bison-set-the-stage-for-anticipated-Patriot-final

LUHoops00
    Participant

I was waiting for you 65 to crush the formal game thread, I have nothing to add other then let’s freeking do this. Can our frontcourt slow down their frontcourt more then their guards can slow down our backcourt. Games like this you sometimes see a hero come out of nowhere, had LU won last year it would have been mr psmall with the game of his career. Could it be BJB, JA, HG off bench?

Let’s go lehigh.

LU65
    Participant

Hoops00, any chance you getting down to North Jersey tomorrow afternoon. I’ll take over the drive from there. Plan to head out around 3pm.

LUHoops00
    Participant

Wow, appealing offer, but unfortunately I’ll be CBSSN manana night. I greatly appreciate that ’65.

Bison137
    Bison137
    Participant

Fox Sports has winner a #15 going to Pittsburgh to face #2 Ohio State
    http://msn.foxsports.com/collegebasketball/story/NCAA-tournament-bracket-predictions-030412

Bracketology (Joe Lunardi) has winner a #15 going to Greensboro to face #2 Duke
    http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology

– – – – – – – –

The above is only correct if you are assuming Bucknell is the winner (and I doubt you’re doing that. ) Neither Lunardi nor Fox has any prediction for where Lehigh would be seeded or who they would play. Considering LU has an RPI of 101 (compared to Bucknell’s 84) and a SOS ranking of #304 (compared to Bucknell’s 204), it is questionable whether they would fall in the same spot as Bucknell for seeding purposes. At the moment, there are at least three possible tournament teams (LIU, Valpo, and UT-Arlington) who are behind Bucknell in RPI and ahead of LU. Also Montana is likely behind Bucknell at the moment but ahead of LU. Looking just at Lunardi, right now I’d say Bucknell is slotted in as the 2nd 15 seed, while LU would likely be his best 16 seed should they win. Of course an upset or two could allow the PL winner, no matter who it is, to move up.

In any event, winning the bid is 100x more important than the seed anyway. It should be a very close game.

StablerBum
    StablerBum
    Participant

Really juiced for this game. While it is fun to think about seedings and potential match-ups, we all know that it comes down to controlling what you can control, and that is going into Sojka and playing the best basketball LU is capable of. I don’t think it can be overstated how big it was that Greneir got his mojo back against American. Hamilton has played well in the tourney as well, and CJ is coming off a monster game. With Greneir, JA, Hamilton, Mackey, and BJB all playing well with high confidence, it really opens up a lot more options for complimentary scorers supplementing CJ and Gabe. Couldn’t be more excited. I really respect what they do up in Lewisburg, and this is a great final that we all hoped for.

LU2007
    Participant

Very anxious tonight watching all these games – tomorrow at 7PM cannot come soon enough. Have to echo Hoops00’s thoughts regarding ESPN. I loved being able to watch Lehigh and the rest of the league on CBSSN this year but wish we had the ESPN exposure tomorrow night. Sojka should be rocking tomorrow and it would be great for the league to have it on the WWL. Hopefully there is a good amount of brown and white in the stands to break up all that hideous orange. Our Bison friends only think about 150 LU fans will be heading out. I have a feeling we’ll see quite a few more. LU65 – represent us well. I have no doubt you will. Anyone else from the board able to make the trip out?

LUHoops00
    Participant

I woke up with the feeling that BJB has big impact tonite, whether its one memorable play or combined effort, I just get sense this kid with all he has been through, with all the discussions on him on this board, just get the feeling he impacts this game tonight.

Let’s go, want MM to stay aggressive here and dictate cause BU guards can’t stick with him, MM has to make us go tonight.

LU2007
    Participant

I’m sporting the Lehigh sweater and belt today, Hoops00. Haven’t decided what Lehigh garb to change into after work yet to watch the game. I’ll keep everyone updated!

8 hours to go! Who we got doing the game tonight? They letting Feinstein off the golf channel for a night?

LU65
    Participant

I’ll be there and will do my best to represent you all!

173.42 miles (door to door) is nothing for a retired guy like myself. And, it’s not snowing this year! As for garb, look for brown attire and white hair.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Perfect combo ’65.

While showering this AM and anticipating GAME, thought will we have 3 nail biters in a row. Would not be surprised with 7-10 final spread resulting from desparation fouls over last minute and a half of game. By who my brain wouldn’t tell me.

lehigh90
    Participant

For some strange reason, I have a calmness over me for the game tonight. I think Lehigh has rounded into form nicely over the last 2 weeks, and Read may have them peaking at the right time. I like the matchups we have with Bucknell, especially in the backcourt, which this time of year is critical. If we can limit Muscala (and he is not the type of athlete who will go off for 30), I think we will be fine. Of course, it would help if CJ could finally have a big one vs. Cohen. But, I like CJ’s efficiency lately, and he is playing the best basketball of his Lehigh career. So, all that being said, I like Lehigh tonight, 65-58. In tight college games, go with the team who has the best player on the floor.

Making the pilgrimage out there, leaving around 3 PM, 178 miles each way. Just myself tonight, no kids. Will be a late night return, hopefully with a win.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Safe trip ’90. Give ’em hell

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Time to go. Best of luck to us tonite.GO LEHIGH

lfnadmin
    Keymaster

Lehigh90 enjoy Sojka. Wish I could be there, but I’ll be fixated at LFN World Headquarters taking in every last scrap of media I can for this.

To me, the key is keeping Lehigh’s new-found crispness on defense intact. The most underreported part of LU’s win on Saturday was their tough perimeter defense. If they can to that to Bucknell, I think they take ’em.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 53 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.