The Starting Five

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Men’s Basketball The Starting Five

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by van van 8 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

LU65
    Participant

Due to a rash of injuries, the Starting Five of TK, AP, KR, KL, and JC have been called upon – more than perhaps any other team in Lehigh’s basketball history – to carry the load this year. And, carry it well they did. Congrats to all!

Honors

1st Team All-League Players – TK and KR
    3rd Third Team All-League Player – AP
    All Rookie – KL

Point Production

5 Double-digit Point Leaders (PL/Full Season). Has it been done before? Doubt it. Perhaps Bison 137 can shed some light

TK 17.8 / 17.5
    AP 13.6 / 13.5
    KR 11.8 / 11.4
    KL 11.4 / 10.3
    JC 10.2 / 9.8
    Or 64.8% / 89.0% of the Team’s Point Production

Minutes per Game

TK 29.5
    AP 33.1
    KR 33.7
    KL 27.9
    JC 31.1
    Or 77.7% of the Team Total

lehigh90
    Participant

Well deserved, hoping turns into a special year.

gohawks63
    Participant

What’s the deal with JG? Last year’s minutes/points/rebounds were 23/6/7.5. This year – 15.6/3.3/3.6. Even two years ago his numbers were better – he shot 62% fg compared to 54% this year.

I don’t know if he has been hurt, has he lost confidence, or just lost focus. It is interesting – two of our key Seniors last year (CS and SC) were similarly under-productive in their 4th years. CS seemed to have lost the “green light” shooters mentality he had his Junior year.

Is this an issue of Seniors doing summer interships, looking forward to career prospects after school and loosing focus on basketball? Or, is it more a matter of coaching and these kids loosing confidence and falling out of favor?

Incidentally, I don’t fault these kids for doing summer interships and preparing themselves for life outside of college sports. It just strikes me how under-productive some of our recent 4th years have been (relative to the promise they showed in earlier years).

van
    van
    Participant

no honors for JC, but I would not trade him for anybody, his unique offensive skills and rebounding a perfect complement for the other 4 guys, we will really miss him

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.