Time to Regroup

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Men’s Basketball Time to Regroup

This topic contains 3 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  LU65 14 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    StablerBum
    StablerBum
    Participant

After two very difficult road games to start the season, the Hawks need to regroup a bit before the home opener. It will be interesting to see if Coach Reed tinkers with the lineup after seeing the production we are getting from McCollum and Hamilton off the bench. Keefer seems to be lost out there, which is a real shame considering the kind of contributor we know he can be. Maybe inserting CJ in the starting 5 and allowing Keefer to come off the bench with less pressure would help them both out.

Hopefully Zahir can get on track against Q’pac in the home opener. We need him.

StablerBum
    StablerBum
    Participant

Also, a bit strange that Maneri got minutes opening night and none against Rider. And Adams didn’t see the floor opening night but played against Rider.

I wonder if this has to do with injury/sickness or Coach Reed is just trying to find a contributor down low off the bench and is trying out his different options? It seems these two had a huge chance to start this season but were beat out by a Freshman (Knutson).

Bison137
    Bison137
    Participant

"StablerBum" wrote: Also, a bit strange that Maneri got minutes opening night and none against Rider. And Adams didn’t see the floor opening night but played against Rider.

I wonder if this has to do with injury/sickness or Coach Reed is just trying to find a contributor down low off the bench and is trying out his different options? It seems these two had a huge chance to start this season but were beat out by a Freshman (Knutson).

I would be very surprised if Adams wasn’t hurt/injured or something similar vs Richmond. I think he’ll be either a starter or one of the first two off the bench within a couple of weeks – assuming he is at 100% by that point.

LU65
    Participant

Tend to agree with Bison137.

I trust the "good doctor" Reed knows what he’s doing and expect we’ll see a lot of player rotations in the front-court leading up to PL play. Besides, what a nice problem to have. Who will be there by Zahir’s side? Will it be one of the "somewhat proven" sophomores (Adams, Mineri, and Hamilton) or one of the new guys on the scene (Knutson or Greiner). Two of the five are already making noise against stiff competition with Hamilton (two game totals: 5 for 13, 14 points, and 7 boards in 35 minutes) and Knutson (two game totals: 4 for 12, 17 points, and 14 boards in 45 minutes) leading the way. Now, if only Zahir would wake up.

PS Don’t forget our perennial work in progress, 7’1" junior David Safstrom. Who knows………….maybe this year.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.