UNH game notes

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Football UNH game notes

This topic contains 43 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by RichH RichH 6 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 31 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • Author

TMH
    Participant

You apparently missed Pandy, Ripanti (who had 17 tackles) and Short who got a bunch of PT at C due to injury. I have no idea why you are so convinced however that we need to neglect those who spent a lot of time grinding away only to be passed over to develop other kids faster. When they are ready, they will play.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Playing a lot of frosh may be benficial in the long term once in a while. There are usually some that adapt from HS auickly and can play right away. They are hens teeth. More often a large number if frosh signifies a dearth of upperclass ability. I would be more interested in seeing more sophs playing. Patience. I expect we will see more fr and so players rotating up from scout team to STs.

TheCobbler
    Participant

LehighGuy did you ever think maybe the LU program was in better shape than most of the other PL programs and had good players in the program that aren’t scholarship guys? Yes programs like Holy Cross have played a bunch of scholarship guys but HC is 5-18 in 2012-13. FYI…LU is 18-4 during that same timeframe.

I would argue the 22 yr old Sr non-scholarship players LU had been recruiting are better than the large majority of 18 yr old scholarship Freshmen. But I do feel you are starting to see the impact of scholarships. OL that performed so well last week had 2 scholarship players (Duffy & Short) on it. Also had a 5th year Sr (Rugg) and a Sr all-league player (Daryoush). IMO, that is a good mix. If you rely solely on young scholarship players, you are asking for trouble.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Well said,cobbler.

LehighGuy
    Participant

Im not saying just play scholarship guys. I have basically said nothing about the O who performs well yr in and yr out. And most of them ARE NOT scholarship guys. My main concern is the D where I see you guys complained about ALOT about last yr and this yr. If theyre NOT getting the job done, then go with the younger kids who have a better upside and can learn NOW. The same kids on D now played alot last yr on a horrible defense. we gave up 600yds on D last week, and tackling was horrible. I’m just not for schollie guys. I think i said Sodeke is better than Yosha IMO, or at least looked better last week. Play the BEST players, if the kid isnt getting a chance in the game, how do you know what he can really do?

LehighGuy
    Participant

P.S. Let me see what you guys say about the D if UNH drops 50 on them and they give up over 600yds again……but i hope not! The O will be fine, and most of them ARE NOT schollie players.

Miller
    Participant

Andy has always given priority playing time to upperclassmen, it has been really hard for a young player to break in, usually has to wait his turn. Over the past 2 seasons you can see that a few more freshman are seeing the field because of the schollies. What many here do not realize is the size of the play book for BOTH sides of the ball. It takes some longer to digest than others,and some never see the field because they cannot grasp the schemes. As far as what Chip said about the boosters…….It’s the best $30 investment my wife and I have made. Until you take a bus trip or three or five, with that group, you don’t realize what you’re missing.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Already sold. We sent our check in.
    There was a picture on one of the new kid’s twitter. Huge book and it was only for D. A very good RB some years back,fast but never got the schemes. He did get a great education tho :)

toddcudd
    Participant

So picking us didn’t do the trick. This time I’ll pick UNH in a slaughter. 55-12 them. They pack the box and run blitz like crazy, daring us to throw, get 7 sacks, and hold us 33 yards rushing.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

LOL, what the hell. You’ll balance out LFN ,He picks us 48-41 in OT. You’re both crazy:)

toddcudd
    Participant

I forgot to mention that the 12 is due to 2 missed xps…

sundayamqb
    sundayamqb
    Participant

Sorry again, but I will not be a homer …

41-28, UNH. Tough to play at UNH, which gets 200+ on the ground Saturday. Tide starts to turn after this week as long as there are no key injuries.

I’d like to be wrong …

van
    van
    Participant

Hard to see a win in granite state with our D and UNH O. My expectation is for a competitive game, but we can’t score enough to keep up. Would be happy if Safeties don’t have to make all the tackles.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Game livestreamed by nesn.com.Looks to be free.

Viewing 14 posts - 31 through 44 (of 44 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.