Unreal Poll

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Wrestling Unreal Poll

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by ngineer ngineer 10 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    ngineer
    ngineer
    Participant

How can a team win 15 of 30 bouts against the #1, #12 and #15 teams in the country and not get any votes for the top 20? Dual meet scores in wrestling are so unrepresentative of a team’s performance against the opposition. The Lehigh team has a lot of talent and if they can stay healthy should be in position to make some real noise come March.

• This topic was modified 10 years, 4 months ago by ngineer ngineer.
    RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Shows the impossibility of accurately ranking teams in a sport that is at its base an individual one. I .find I look more at individual rankings

TMH
    Participant

Polls are nothing more than opinion. We will find out how good we really are in March. However, do not forget that we are 1-3 and the loss to Bucknell was highly damaging in the polls.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

So true. The NE dials will gibe us a better take on this.squad.

TMH
    Participant

Well Rich, the Northeast Duals have spoken. Lehigh goes 3-0 with wins over Central Michigan, Virginia and Columbia. Perhpas the polls will recognize this accomplishment.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Great timing, just reading recap. :) Yeah,guess we’ll get a boost in ratings. To me most impressive item was performance of upper wgts. Heck, we may yet be a good dual squad.

ngineer
    ngineer
    Participant

Now comes the moment of dread that seems to hang every year…and especially this year with such a young team—will the team be taking any academic hits? Wrestling is such a demanding sport requiring more mental toughness than the others imo. The grueling practices, cutting and maintaining weight and then also keeping mental focus on studies. Discipline. Hopefully a few of our wounded are back up in time for Cornell on 1/12.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.