Update on Matt McBride

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh In The Pros Update on Matt McBride

This topic contains 33 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by LU808 LU808 8 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)
  • Author

toddcudd
    Participant

Nice!! Once NFL rosters settle in, it would be great to find a way to get a group pic of our guys in the pros. Splash it all over the LU sports website!!

TMH
    Participant

Unfortunately, I’m not optimistic about having anyone in the NFL in September. I certainly hope I’m wrong though. Will Rackley has missed all of preseason with a concussion. Spadola has not caught a pass in preseason and is considered the “longest of long shots”. But for today we can still make that claim.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Fun for now.Agree with TMH. Will will probably not get cut but IR a real possibility. NFL can now recall 1 player from IR in a season,so perhaps not list for the season. Hopefully can make it back to active . Ryan not seeing the ball much in preseason. Any chance for taxi squad (up to 10 players) ??

sundayamqb
    sundayamqb
    Participant

I hope Ryan’s move to Miami was not a career-killer.

While the Jets and Dolphins were starving for receivers last year, things are completely different this year. And looking at pictures of Ryan, it looks like he’s worked hard to make an impact, but …

To me, some of the saddest stuff came a couple of weeks ago when the Dolphins released not only QB Brock Jensen, a proven winner with FCS champ ND State, but Pat Devlin, the ex-Delaware QB who had been there two years+ and played great in exhibition games last year.

Meantime, they signed Brady Quinn (!!??) and have kept Seth Lobato out of Northern Colorado.

Has the NFL forgotten Phil Simms, Joe Flacco, etc.? The FCS can produce some great QBs.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Wait and see on Ryan. Hard to compete if you dont see the field. Quinn?? Love ND,but Brady has not shown that much in his career.

toddcudd
    Participant

I’m with ya, Sunday. Just read about Bialkowski’s experience with the redblacks. Yuck.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Sunday,going to scrimmage?

toddcudd
    Participant

As Rich predicted, Will moved to IR today:

Ravens Cuts

If I understand correctly, teams can now bring 1 guy back from IR during the season. True?

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

New rule this yr permits a team 1 roster move off of IR. Hope its Will.

sundayamqb
    sundayamqb
    Participant

I missed the scrimmage; I just happened to free for that first one …

BTW: Not sure if it’s posted anywhere else (I think I saw video on Ryan’s Twitter feed), but Ryan made nice 27-yard grab from Matt Moore on a key 3rd-and-really-long in game-winning drive the other night.

TMH
    Participant

TMH
    Participant

Matt seems to be the Rodney Dangerfield of the MLB. He recently won the Abby Greer award as the top player in spring training and still failed to make the major league roster. It’s not like Colorado is loaded with talent.

http://www.mcall.com/sports/baseball/mc-mcbride-rockies-spring-training-20150402-story.html

sundayamqb
    sundayamqb
    Participant

30-year-old right-handed pitchers and hitters — sadly — are a dime a dozen. Expansion would help. That said, there are some teams that could use a smart utility player like him. I feel bad for the kid. Hopefully he tears up the PCL and gets a nod — here or in Asia

TMH
    Participant

After a slow start and early season injury, Matt McBride is once again tearing up the Pacific Coast Leageu hitting .326 with a .582 slugging %. It can only be a matter of time before he gets another shot.

http://www.milb.com/player/index.jsp?sid=t342&player_id=473724#/career/R/hitting/2015/ALL

sundayamqb
    sundayamqb
    Participant

Too bad he can’t get a shot at third base for the Mets

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.