Update on Matt McBride

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh In The Pros Update on Matt McBride

This topic contains 33 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by LU808 LU808 8 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 31 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Author

TMH
    Participant

I was going to provide an update on Matt McBride but the Morning Call did an excellent job.

http://www.mcall.com/sports/mc-matt-mcbride-baseball-minors-20150625-story.html

sundayamqb
    sundayamqb
    Participant

Sadly, I’m not sure Matt will get a big-league chance soon. I am rooting for him; he deserves a longer shot.

Mets/Phillies can use another bat.

Problem is even guys hitting .400 in PCL don’t necessarily cut it in MLB — and teams have little patience the older guys get.

TMH
    Participant
    LU808
    LU808
    Participant

Albuquerque Isotopes outfielder Matt McBride has been elected by the fans to represent the Pacific Coast League in the 2015 Triple-A All-Star Game to be hosted at Werner Park in Papillion, NE, on Wednesday, July 15.

McBride has been the Isotopes most potent hitter so far this season, claiming a .347 batting average with 52 runs scored, 26 doubles, a triple, 11 home runs, 41 RBI and 14 walks. His .590 slugging percentage is tops in the PCL, while his .347 batting average ranks second.

The 30-year-old’s 26 doubles is not only tied for the PCL lead but is on pace to break the Isotopes single-season record. At his current rate, he will finish with 47 two-baggers, which is six more than the current record of 41 held by John Lindsey in 2010.

McBride is currently in the midst of a 14-game hitting streak, during which he is batting .411 (23-for-56) with 15 runs scored, nine doubles, three homers and 14 RBI. It is the second lengthy streak for McBride this season as he recorded hits in 12 consecutive games from May 13-26, including eight straight multi-hit performances.

Viewing 4 posts - 31 through 34 (of 34 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.