very tough loss

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Football very tough loss

This topic contains 4 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by RichH RichH 12 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Our STs better improve, terrible today missed kicks, pr td for UNH . Likewise 2ndary was litup. Lum 6 td passes and over 400 yds but 3 INTs. Team never gave up. OT td by UNH a very bad call. refs apparently ruled Orlando caught ball and then was forced out. My son ,at the game said UNH wr already out of bounds and knee down when he caught the ball. Probably a bang bang play but ref was standing right there. Not having seen it myself , I’ll leave it to the fates. Best take it out on Princeton

TheFan
    Participant

On a serious note:

Anyone up for initiating a petition to get the ref fired?

That was a blatant ignorant TD call at the end of the game…

van
    van
    Participant

I was at the game and the ruling was that he was forced out of bounds by our CB, but came back in bounds to make the catch. Since he was forced out, he was eligible to make the catch. It was clear that he was out of bounds, not clear that he was back in bounds when he made the catch. It was a great play by Orlando at any rate, would love to see it on instant replay.

We would have won outright if not for missing extra points. Tough loss for sure, our guys competed well and played even, just made more mistakes. Lot credit due Decker, he played an excellent game for UNH.

Getting concerned about our secondary, giving out a lot of passing yardage.

sundayamqb
    sundayamqb
    Participant

I just watched the game on tape, and it was clear — from a divot — that Orlando caught the ball out of bounds in OT. Regardless, Lehigh’s offense was shaky during its OT possession — out of character from the rest of the game.

Mistakes were bad and the kicking game needs to improve — I could not tell if it was snaps, holds or a case of the yips — but this was a game for the ages. I’m incredibly proud of a group of young men who can rally from two devastating mistakes to go down 18 and have the patience to come back.

This group of young men is special and, if you watched Lum and Drwal on the postgame press conference on the LU website, so are they.

I can’t wait to watch them play the rest of the year. It should be fun.

I’m not worried about the D — the UNH offense had a pretty decent game against Toledo last week. I thought today’s coverage was pretty good compared to recent years in many ways.

If this team can get a little more mentally tough and not make as many dangerous mistakes, they could easily win two games in the playoffs … This is shaping up to be the best LU team in quite some time.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Must avoid a letdown vs a bad Tiger team after such an emotional loss. Team s/b pissed off

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.