Wagner

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Football Wagner

This topic contains 96 replies, has 23 voices, and was last updated by ngineer ngineer 6 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 97 total)
  • Author

lehighfootballfan67
    Participant

Hearing a LB

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Hobbie McCain left team before season. Have not heard of any others. In 4-2 I woulnt really blame some of the 14 we had for leaving since only 4 get PT and some others on STs.

sundayamqb
    sundayamqb
    Participant

[quote quote=32324]

Here’s what I don’t understand. Twice during game, kickoff return team appeared not to know the difference between kickoffs and punts and ran away from from the ball on a short kick. Wagner fell on loose ball.

High school kids make the mistakes on special teams we saw last night.
    [/quote]

High school kids do make these kinds of mistakes, but not veteran players at good HS programs — the kinds we are supposedly recruiting. Given the number of great football players in the nation — the relatively few who can play at the FCS level — we should never see something like this.

Totally coaching, and/or recruiting.

I actually saw a slow kickoff kicked at a player recently in a low-classification HS game. The player, a ninth-grader playing on varsity, had played in only three prior games, backed up and allowed the kicking team to recover.

I could understand it — but I’m sure it won’t happen again.

FWIW: Wagner’s kicking game was much betters than ours, too.

QBdad
    QBdad
    Participant

Well I was hoping that my last post was going to be my last post. I enjoy reading more than I do posting. However, it appears that not only is OO disrespectful, he’s also a smartass.
    That being said, my son deserves the heat coming his way after his poor performance last night. He’s been a QB since he was 5 years old and this was by far his worst game under center. He knows this and he owns this loss. People have bad games and this was his. Some can make the excuses of 3 or 4 lineman out and the swirling 30 mph winds, but he knows it and I know that he made bad decisions and needs to get better.
    This forum is a great place to give opinions, suggestions and even criticism. I would hope that it would be constructive criticism with intelligent ideas and suggestions for position and team improvement.
    I agree with Constant Lehigh that if someone is not performing, then they should be replaced at some point. Timo should have been given a shot to see if he could get something going.
    I hope this will be my last post, but now knowing who OO is it most likely won’t be. By the way, the offer still stands for the Georgetown game…my patience is growing thin.
    League play starts next week and thank God the league is feeling the same pain. Let’s turn this season around and repeat. Go Lehigh!!!

• This reply was modified 6 years, 5 months ago by QBdad QBdad.

LUPhillyPhan
    Participant

Heard Polanis left.Never got much playing time. Made a tackle against Penn. quit that Monday. Another example of coaches not letting players earn spots.

objective observer
    Participant

HEY QB Dad

I’M BATMAN!!!!

MLK
    Participant

Reply to Objective Observer
    I am sure you can look up QB Dad at the Parents Tailgate. You can also stop by the Rust Football Pavilion and ask for any male there. Be sure to identify yourself. Feel free to bring Robin. We would all love to meet you in person to discuss your observations and remedies.
    No one is happy with 0-5 but be constructive not a worm.

van
    van
    Participant

[quote quote=32343]Reply to Objective Observer
    I am sure you can look up QB Dad at the Parents Tailgate. You can also stop by the Rust Football Pavilion and ask for any male there. Be sure to identify yourself. Feel free to bring Robin. We would all love to meet you in person to discuss your observations and remedies.
    No one is happy with 0-5 but be constructive not a worm.

[/quote]+1

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

[quote quote=32341]Heard Polanis left.Never got much playing time. Made a tackle against Penn. quit that Monday. Another example of coaches not letting players earn spots.

[/quote]
    WOs leave every year. Timing is unusual but not his leaving. Certainly no basis for concluding that coaches unfairly denied him playing time. Very few WOs ever see the field. That he did counters your claim of unfairness, it doesnt bolster it.

LehighGuy
    Participant

Polanis was second on depth chart at safety. Probably after they threw all the freshman in front of him after they have proved nothing n he’s been here 3yrs. Same for Nick, moved him to DB, now throw everyone else in front of you who can’t tackle or cover. Heard kids know better players not getting opportunities, seem silly by coaches with your future and job on the line.

objective observer
    Participant

This is my last post

WILL NOT RESPOND ANYMORE AFTER TODAY!

ANYONE WHO ATTEMPTS TO CONTACT ME OR CONFRONT ME OR ANY MEMBER OF MY FAMILY WILL NEED TO ANSWER TO AUTHORITIES

LehighGuy
    Participant

OO, you sound like a scared crybaby. You can dish it but cant take it, calling the cops….LOL. Yes please go away!

ngineer
    ngineer
    Participant

[quote quote=32330]Dartmouth beat Penn but you knew that. Scholarships being given to some really poor athletes in the Patriot League. Slow, soft and entitled.

[/quote]

Correct. Columbia upset Princeton….IL appears to be wide open this year.

ngineer
    ngineer
    Participant

[quote quote=32341]Heard Polanis left.Never got much playing time. Made a tackle against Penn. quit that Monday. Another example of coaches not letting players earn spots.

[/quote]

And who says he ‘earned’ the spot and was not given it. You have to give the benefit of the doubt about who the coaches feel are ready to play. Some is physical skills, other aren’t ready mentally in terms of knowing the playbook or knowing how to react. If a player is not showing it in practice, he won’t show it in a game.

LUPhillyPhan
    Participant

Ngineer- you forgot to mention political! do you believe the best players are playing? Or do you place all faith in the coaches who at 0-5 have changed very little with the defense?

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 97 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.