Wagner

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Football Wagner

This topic contains 96 replies, has 23 voices, and was last updated by ngineer ngineer 6 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 91 through 97 (of 97 total)
  • Author

Constant Lehigh
    Participant

The players, Coaches and fans at the Wagner game all used the same boy’s room. During my routine bladder draining prior to the start of the game the one thing that stuck out to the Lehigh fan urinators was the emotionless appearance of the head coach and the players leaving the men’s room. This one one sad Coach with his head down and looking as if someone just died…all prior to the game! This is a quality team that imo just needs a coaching staff to inspire them. The new season starts this weekend or ends this weekend.

just a fan
    Participant

I agree it is a very good team that IMO needs some fire lit under the BUTS, players normally feed off there coaches, FYI anyone see Clemson game this weekend, I mean the DC was so pumped it was crazy the starters were cheering for the backups and backups cheering for starters, thats football,

jacbees4822
    jacbees4822
    Participant

Just asking but do you really think a coach would put his career on the line and NOT play what he perceives to be the best kids?? He might be wrong in his decisions, but doubt it is politics.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

[quote quote=32361]Just asking but do you really think a coach would put his career on the line and NOT play what he perceives to be the best kids?? He might be wrong in his decisions, but doubt it is politics.

[/quote]
    Agree. There are always rumors of favoritism butI find most nust to be sour grapes. Assts are on 1 yr contracts. He may like the kid he recruited over one he didnt but he will play the one he thinks will do the best. Sometimes right, sometimes not.
    There is some validity to a new HC and staff looking more to the kids they brought in than to ones they inherited.

van
    van
    Participant

[quote quote=32353]The players, Coaches and fans at the Wagner game all used the same boy’s room. During my routine bladder draining prior to the start of the game the one thing that stuck out to the Lehigh fan urinators was the emotionless appearance of the head coach and the players leaving the men’s room. This one one sad Coach with his head down and looking as if someone just died…all prior to the game! This is a quality team that imo just needs a coaching staff to inspire them. The new season starts this weekend or ends this weekend.

[/quote]I have no empirical data, but after the nova game the program has just seemed to have a funk, just feels like there is something going on in the background that is not quite right

ngineer
    ngineer
    Participant

[quote quote=32352]Ngineer- you forgot to mention political! do you believe the best players are playing? Or do you place all faith in the coaches who at 0-5 have changed very little with the defense?

[/quote]

Unless you have been at all the practices and evaluated the players, people are not qualified to say that the best players aren’t playing. Too many people listen to ‘sour grapes’ people who love to shoot from the rear. There have actually been a lot of personnel changes, both due to injuries as well as coaches moving pieces to try different looks. If the coaches are looking to save their jobs, they certainly will play the players who give the team best chance at winning the game.

ngineer
    ngineer
    Participant

No question this team needs a “kick in the ass.” I agree the ‘energy level’ on this team is low. Perhaps the Villanova funk affected the confidence level, which just started steamrolling in subsequent games. Teams that “press” are wont to make more mistakes, and we are sure making a ton of them. Coaches need to figure out how get them to play “loose” and have fun. A win at Colgate, which no one is picking on any board I visit, will do wonders. In the PL a league loss is almost a death knell for championship dreams. How this team finishes the year may determine whether any coaches return next year. We are looking at a tremendous finish or monster dumpster fire.

Viewing 7 posts - 91 through 97 (of 97 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.