Welcome Matt Holba

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Men’s Basketball Welcome Matt Holba

This topic contains 21 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by StablerBum StablerBum 9 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    StablerBum
    StablerBum
    Participant

Short write up on Holba’s commitment from rivals:

Lehigh picked up a major steal in 6-foot-6 wing Matt Holba. An athletic slasher from Indiana, Holba is a three-star prospect and should have been much more heavily recruited at the Horizon, MAC, MVC and even the A-10 level. He loves to attack the rim and is a threat with the jumper.

https://bwi.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1679081#sthash.gMK7Rb4R.dpuf

pafan11
    Participant

Stabler Bum, I agree with your comments but I think we are missing one athlete that could fill the role of toughness, effort, and athletic ability. Let me pose this question? When you combine these factors: Bench Press, Squat, 40time, vertical, broad jump, and beep test which player on the roster would you think tested in the top 3 of all categories?

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

:) Cole is my guess.

TMH
    Participant

Sounds like Chuku…but my guess is Cole Renninger

pafan11
    Participant

You are both right how did you know? haha!

toddcudd
    Participant

Stumbled across this listing on the web yesterday. Rick Bolus – who seems to be very involved in camps and “exposure” for high school hoopsters has published his list of top prospects – and Holba appears in his national top 100. Pretty high regard.
    Now granted – I don’t know much of anything about Rick Bolus; it’s entirely possible that he has a vested interest. “Joint promotion”, maybe, if Holba has come to his camps or something. But cool to see, nonetheless:

Bolus’ Top Prospects

StablerBum
    StablerBum
    Participant

Preview article for Holba’s Guerin Catholic team – http://usatodayhss.com/2014/high-school-basketball-preseason-fab-15-no-14

Has some nice things to say about Holba including some quotes from his coach. I was also encouraged to see that he shot a very respectable 31-77 from 3 last year. It will be fun to track him this coming season.

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.