WHAT IF????

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Football WHAT IF????

This topic contains 7 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by marco marco 8 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    sundayamqb
    sundayamqb
    Participant

The Colgate score today is enough to bring back many memories from the game vs. LU this year …

All we’re left with is “What ifs …?”

http://www.ncaa.com/game/football/fcs/2015/12/05/colgate-james-madison

Wow … I didn’t watch, but would have loved to have seen this

Sure JMU has the one “What if …?” regarding its injured QB Lee

Miller
    Participant

What if we just move on to next season? We had our past now look ahead.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Yeah,just one stop and its us,but Miller is right. Time for recruiting and preparing for our next year.

ngineer
    ngineer
    Participant

No “what ifs” other than “What if we had a defense?” Must be the major focus for next year. Colgate just showed what can be done with decent defense.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

And the oddity is that Gate doesn’t have a good D but they do have one that makes clutch plays to win games.

Lehigh74
    Participant

My take away from Colgate’s playoff run is as follows:
    1. It’s good for the league.
    2. We can be very tough to beat next year if we can play just a little bit of defense. Two years in a row with one of the worst defenses in the county is enough. Significant changes need to be made.

• This reply was modified 8 years, 4 months ago by  Lehigh74.
    RichH
    RichH
    Participant

[quote=24191]My take away from Colgate’s playoff run is as follows:
    1. It’s good for the league.
    2. We can be very tough to beat next year if we can play just a little bit of defense. Two years in a row with one of the worst defenses in the county is enough. Significant changes need to be made.

[/quote]
    +1
    All I’ved asked for for the last 3 yrs was a mediocre D. I will hope for next yr that we get at least that.

marco
    marco
    Participant

Agreed. The defense since 2013 is not mediocre. At this point, a mediocre defense would allow Lehigh to flirt with an 8-10 win season. Mediocre so D would hold teams to 21-24 points per game. 500 yards and 45 points points is very,very bad defense.

I would never want to see a man lose his livelihood, but the co-coordinators did not work and the current guy is not working out. The stats don’t lie…amazingly, Lehigh managed six wins despite this defense.

• This reply was modified 8 years, 4 months ago by marco marco.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.