Whitfield

This topic contains 24 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by RichH RichH 9 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author

LUHoops00
    Participant

Twitter reporting Shane is transferring…. Hope it’s not true but if it is that’s disappointing man….really disappointing.

jimk72
    jimk72
    Participant

Verbal Commits has it as a done deal.

van
    van
    Participant

Hate to see anyone leave the program, but not a big loss in my opinion.

LUHoops00
    Participant

Verbal commits just took the one tweet and updates site….however thru some sources I have confirmed this unfortunate news….this is a loss, I liked his game and upside, he could have developed well like a HG did as he got better each year.

Another reason why it’s disappointing three guard coming in and not one big because a transfer or injury like this with no bigs coming in really slows down frontcourt depth….not we got TK JC JG and CB and that’s it….CB most recently academically ineligible!

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Wish him well. A loss for us,I think he will be very solid given his ability,just needs some confidence.

LUHoops00
    Participant

Agree rich, wonder if we try to use open scholy on one of nearly 500 transfers.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Well, I guesd, but think some confirmation from Shane first. His TL silent. Should we ask him?

TMH
    Participant

I’m not sure what good a transfer would do for next season so if we are going to invest in one, it better be a perfect fit. IMHO, the more likely scenario is that the scholarship money will be divided in some fashion among the walk-ons for next season. If one of them steps up this season, they have a shot to earn the rest of it. If not, there will be a 4th scholarship to be given for 2015. Just my opinion.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Can Bball schollies be split?

pafan11
    Participant

Huge lose! In my opinion Shane other than TK had the most potential impact in this class. Big, athletic, adequate handles. With improved mid-range game would have been a difficult match-up at the 3 or 4 for the next 3 years.

D1 BBall schollies cannot be split. I would guess the staff would try and bring in another big this year or next with the open scholarship. Could possibly go to walk-on if they have impressed in practice.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Option could be togivea WO the schollie for this season and use it next yr for an agile big

toddcudd
    Participant

Sorry to see him go too; I was optimistic about potential there.

That said – I wonder if AD has made firm plans yet…

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Wow,forgot all about that. Does Doc want to go that way,if AD hasn’t ?

toddcudd
    Participant

Well, that question is irrelevant now. I asked AD if he had made plans, got this back today. :-(

Anthony D’Orazio ‏@TheDraz1 5m
    @toddcudd Signed with Rider yesterday.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Nice tohavean answer. Goodfor him. Wish him best of luck

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.