Why so quiet.

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Football Why so quiet.

This topic contains 47 replies, has 18 voices, and was last updated by van van 4 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 48 total)
  • Author
    marco
    marco
    Participant

Maybe it’s because Andy Coen has (overall) been a disappointment…average season, 6-5…success with great coordinators, mediocrity with average coordinators. Losses in too many big games including PL deciders like Colgate in 12 + 15, Lafayette in 2006 and 2013 and the 150 debacle.

I continue to be a fan but I am at wits end about the defense. I continue to hope that we’ve turned a corner, but I suspect a lot of fans are, a lot lI ke me…cautious right now.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 1 month ago by marco marco.
    RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Coen is a disappointment.
    Coen has a practically the same W-L record as Whitehead.
    Team hit the pits at 3-8 and has improved since. Perfect ? Nope. Still unsure about Botts and Roberts. They did bring on a good group of assts. We’ll sed how it works.

LUHawker
    LUHawker
    Participant

[quote quote=28251]One quibble. IIR Andy said they were looking to utilize the deep ball vs Penn but . Sounded to me that there was no need to as we were getting everything else. Didn’t notice Penn Ss but assume they were staying on top for ling passes to TP.

[/quote]

Ok to quibble. I didn’t parse out his words, but interpreted it as “more of the same” (just because we didn’t need it, doesn’t mean we shouldn’t have used it), which is to say, we still have no deep ball game.

TMH
    Participant

LUHawker,

What is the difference between an LU offense that averages 35 ppg with a deep ball and one which averages 35 ppg without a deep ball?

LU808
    LU808
    Participant

What is the difference between an LU offense that averages 35 ppg with a deep ball and one which averages 35 ppg without a deep ball?

The difference is the Defense is on the field much less because of time of possession. With our less than stellar Defense that could be the difference between a win and a loss.

TMH
    Participant

Exactly…so why all the angst about the deep ball when we we score the same # of points without it?

TMH
    Participant

Exactly…so why all the angst about the deep ball when we we score the same # of points without it?

buck
    Participant

Princeton has some hot looking cheerleaders so I’m sitting on their side.

van
    van
    Participant

one difference could be the turnovers that give the opposition extra chances to score more than 35, exactly what happened at Princeton last year

TMH
    Participant

van,
    Naaah..that’s not it. In Lum’s magical senior year of 2011, he threw 17 interceptions, far more than Shaf ever threw in a season.

Anonymous

HAVE NOT SEEN TRIPLE REVERSE BOMBS AND 3 QBS ON THE FIELD AT ONE TIME SINCE I COACHED YOUTH FOOTBALL MANY DECADES AGO. PRINCETON STILLS RUNS THESE TYPE OF PLAYS…CRAZY. WE ALWAYS SAID THAT WHEN A TEAM IS RUNNING TRICK PLAYS THEY HAVE NO CONFIDENCE IN WHAT THE OFFENSE REALLY CAN DO. IS IT TRUE THAT IVY LEAGUE PLAYERS WEAR POLO SHIRTS UNDER THERE UNIFORM AND SPRAY COLOGNE ON BEFORE GAMES???

van
    van
    Participant

too bad they couldn’t score 35 against Monmouth and Nova

Anonymous

IN THE WORD, NEGATIVITY…CAN YOU FIND THE LETTERS TO SPELL, VAN??? LIGHTEN UP, IM STARTING TO THINK YOU MAY BE A POZER. COMING ACROSS AS A LEHIGH FAN BUT REALLY AN IMPOSTER!!! WHERES PERRY MASON THESE DAYS? WE NEED AN INVESTIGATION ON WHO VAN REALLY IS??? JUST HOPING FOR A WIN AND THAT THE BOYS PLAY WELL. IM HOPING YOU FEEL THE SAME WAY… TOMORROW JUST SMILE. LIFE IS GOOD!!!

sundayamqb
    sundayamqb
    Participant

[quote quote=28258]Coen is a disappointment.
    Coen has a practically the same W-L record as Whitehead.
    Team hit the pits at 3-8 and has improved since. Perfect ? Nope. Still unsure about Botts and Roberts. They did bring on a good group of assts. We’ll sed how it works.

[/quote]

When Coen wins a national championship and gets to a second final, we can compare the two coaches.

Until then … let’s hope Coen & Co. do great. I’m rooting for them … but have little tolerance for 400 ypg on D.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 1 month ago by sundayamqb sundayamqb.
    LUHawker
    LUHawker
    Participant

[quote quote=28273]LUHawker,

[/quote]

Since you’re choosing to call me out specifically with your snarky comment, I’ll just say that I’m embarrassed for you TMH for having to ask that question.

Last year when Mayes was QB, we averaged 42 PPG, and 28.6 PPG otherwise.

PPG this year 30.

Record in 2014 3-8
    Record in 2015 6-5
    Record in 2016 1-2

Collective team record over last 2+ seasons 10-15. PL championships: zero; playoff apperances: zero

As the saying goes, “you can lead a horse to water….”

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 48 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.