wildcat

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Football wildcat

This topic contains 3 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  dcubbage7303 13 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    van
    van
    Participant

Unlike some posters here, I am a fan of the wildcat. Without looking at statistics, per carry average out of wildcat is probably better than tailbacks.

Since we rarely pass out of this formation, what would a direct snap to Sherman look like instead of Colvin? Colvin is a good runner, but does not always see the best holes. Sherman is pretty shifty. Anybody got Chick or Andy’s ear?

TheFan
    Participant

The Fan predicts a meaningful pass completion (possibly at TD) coming from the Wilcat formation with Colvin at QB during the Northern Iowa game.

sundayamqb
    sundayamqb
    Participant

Van:

I think the more unpredictable the Wildcat can be the better. You’ve got a solid idea.

dcubbage7303
    Participant

"TheFan" wrote: The Fan predicts a meaningful pass completion (possibly at TD) coming from the Wilcat formation with Colvin at QB during the Northern Iowa game.

I like the play where they fake the QB dive/draw and Colvin takes a few steps toward the line before backing up and throwing the ball across the middle of the field. I think they could use that play in a big situation late in the game given the number of times that they run the wildcat throughout the course of a game.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.