Wrestling Starts Tomorrow

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Wrestling Wrestling Starts Tomorrow

This topic contains 10 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  toddcudd 8 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

TMH
    Participant

Note to justafan, if you are looking for winners, I suggest getting in tune with the wrestling team. They are pre-season ranked from 5-7 depending on the poll. Flo-Wrestling only has Penn State and Lehigh with a ranked wrestler at every weight class. Penn State lost their HWT for the season so for now it may just be us :-)

It all begins tomorrow at Bucknell.

I believe it will be broadcast on the PLN as well as radio coverage (see lehighsports.com). Others can follow along on Twitter.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

It is on PLN. My Friday nite is set. Max vs Stolfi s/b great. Ond of our few offensive wrestlers..

TMH
    Participant

I’m hearing Stolfi may not be ready yet. We will see. It’s payback time.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Yeah,saw that . I’m hoping,definitely payback time.

toddcudd
    Participant

Beckman is the most overrated wrestler we’ve ever had, by a mile. Embarrassing.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Maybe senioritis. Never liked his style of wrestling. Today he just looked disinterested. Cruz L was sad. Ref deciddd the match on false starts. BU a decent squad but we certainly didn’t look like the #7 team in the country.

TMH
    Participant

I certainly understand your frustration but I’m not sure if you can call a double AA heading into his senior year as over-rated. He simply gets into funks and begins over-thinking. It will be interesting to see how the loss of Garnett as coach will impact him. Jarrod was the guy that got him to open up last year.
    Anyway Lehigh ended winning fairly handily after an early scare. Justafan likes winners.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Feed camd back late. Got to see Mx .
    Bucknell’s feed is really amateurish.

ngineer
    ngineer
    Participant

Horrible coverage by PLN. Missed almost half the match and the announcer did not have a clue about the basic rules of wrestling. Unbelievable.

Both Cruz and Beckman should be embarrassed. Losing both matches on false starts. Yes, the there has been a rule change this year with a one second pause, but they have been practicing for two months! Hopefully this week lights a fire under Mason’s butt. Can’t coast on past press clippings. There is always someone younger and stronger coming up. We got lucky with Stolfi not available, though Wessel looked very strong and gave us an entertaining match. Other than the first two weights, I thought we wrestled quite well for a first match.

van
    van
    Participant

don’t blame PLN, it’s all on Bison, amateur hour at best, have you have ever witnessed their football broadcasts

toddcudd
    Participant

deleted

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.