Yale

This topic contains 108 replies, has 24 voices, and was last updated by RichH RichH 8 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 109 total)
  • Author
    RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Hope your prediction is as good as the DOTW. :)

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Watching Tiggers vs Columbia. The pertinent takeaway, Columbia D so much better than ours. Pressuring Kanoff all night. A very aggressive D,which is what I thought Andy wanted. Tigger D still sucks. Columbia doing a Lehigh with TOs and mistakes.

just a fan
    Participant

I agree Rich watching game also… we don’t blitz, line stunts or anything to cause confusion….

Oh Well!!!

LehighGuy
    Participant

Columbia D better than ours, thats saying something considering they havent won a game since 2012…smh

Go Lehigh TU Owl
    Go Lehigh TU Owl
    Participant

To be fair, Princeton’s offense had to be “dumbed down” due to the weather. They did not run much, if any of their misdirection/flea flicker stuff….

Hope the coaches and players have a sense of urgency today. Yale is extremely beatable. But I’m not sure if Lehigh gets the job done….

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Doubt any of us are sure of the outcome. Yale O very basic so far. D is good but also basic. Very few blitzes. IMO key is LOS on both sides of the ball. Botts needs to embrace the aggrsssive nature of our scheme this week. A winnable game and one we should take on breathing fire. Guys have to step up.

Neighbor
    Participant

It is games like this game that will determine how long Coen and staff will remain. If things aren’t measurably improved, the team flat, and few effective adjustments made as necessary during the game, the OUT door continues to open, I hope.

Even a staid institution like Lehigh SHOULD have a limit to its patience. The key will be how decisive Sterrett wants to be at this stage of his long career. This staff really needs to be calling up everything it has from this point on. Winning this game should be a given.

Actually, I think the school has retained Coen and Company one year too long already.

Lehigh 34
    Yale 31

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Hindsight is 20/20 vision but not really pertinent to today.Yale is crucial for lots of reasons.Most important is the rest of this season.A repeat of last year very deprsssing but Andy not going anywhere yet.
    D must show improvement. Yeah,we have lots of kids there who probably aren’ready yet. Andy noted that fact and that they had to step up.
    The hot seat IMO,is under Botts.

TMH
    Participant

Interesting….the team is 2-2 with both losses coming against undefeated teams and we are already discussing firing the head coach. Not sure if that is an indictment about our team or our fans.
    As for the weather, the atrp was on the field and there is only a 15% chance of rain today. The bigger factor may be wind which will be near 20 mph all day. Neither team throws deep as far as I can tell. Lehigh has the better running game.
    Go Lehigh!!!

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

:)Good perspective and apt but calling them good Ls doesn’t change our situation. Agree our run game should be effective. Think our OL has an dge on Yale DL. We’ll move on Elis,gotta finish and avoid mistakes..Yale hasn’t been a big play O,Botts has to kerp it that way.

Lehigh74
    Participant

Totally outplayed in the first half. We are very lucky to only be down by 13 points.

Engineer86
    Participant

This staff has no clue. players at not performing. The time has come. If you are happy with the JMU loss and even worse the Princeton loss, you need to take off you glasses.

They are just showing thestadium, many like me left at have time growing tired of watching this poorly coached team.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

That wasn’t fun.
    Key
    We lost LOS badly on both sides of the ball. OL dominated.
    Upsides
    Well we have lost to 3 undefeated teams. Dont help. Tiggers we shot ourselves down on O. Today we were whupped. Neither line put up much ve Yale. Shaf had very little time to do much on most plays. The usual assortment of errors by O but that not why we could not drive most times.
    If it were not for numerous plays by 2ndary ,this game wouldn’t have so close.D was at least much more aggressive. If O could’ve scored it might have bedn a game. Depressing.

Lehigh74
    Participant

Agreed, the score is not indicative of how completely Yale dominated the game. Our defense makes opposing running backs look like Jimmy Brown in his prime.

Doc Qb
    Participant

Like PU, they looked more athletic across the board. Bigger, looked they use the weight room. We dont. two different appearing look to each team’s athletes.

Princeton made us look like crap because it scored off turnovers. The D finally gave us some nice turnovers today and we didnt convert squat. Which is what average to bad teams do. Which is where we are now. I just dont see it changing.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 109 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.