Yale

This topic contains 80 replies, has 21 voices, and was last updated by van van 4 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 81 total)
  • Author
    jimk72
    jimk72
    Participant

Streaming free at something called One World Sports via a Facebook page called Whistle Sports???? I don’t understand it, but here’s the link:

Go Lehigh TU Owl
    Go Lehigh TU Owl
    Participant

Yale back in it after two big plays. Horrific punt coverage led to second TD…

35-20 8:40 2Q

TMH
    Participant

I wonder what the over/under is for this game?

Lehigh74
    Participant

Great first half for the offense. Mayes is a real talent. Same old pathetic defense.

Doc Qb
    Participant

We are going to have an insanely difficult timw slowing down Colgate next week.

Doc Qb
    Participant

We did our two minute drill to start 3rd quarter rather than end the half. Not sure why, hope it doesnt bite us later.

TMH
    Participant

I think it may be time to check the record book.
    Brad Mayes sets a new Lehigh passing mark in a game with 505 and counting

TMH
    Participant

Mayes also tied team record of 6 TD passes with 4 others.
    Pelletier passes Fedorcha into 5th place for receptions in a career with a season and a half remaining.

Lehigh74
    Participant

Shafnisky is a very good quarterback and I’m sure, if he’s healthy, he’ll be starting next week. However, you’re not going to convince me that Mayes isn’t the better player.

• This reply was modified 4 years ago by  Lehigh74.

TMH
    Participant

Shafnisky is a very good quarterback and I’m sure, if he’s healthy, he’ll be starting next week. However, you’re not going to convince me that Mayes isn’t the better player.

I’d like to avoid that debate. Suffice it to say that we are blessed. We had the runner-up POW 2 weeks ago who was then named POW nationally last week and chances are great that we will have one again this week. Best of all, the nucleus of skill players will all be back next year.

Added note: Monmouth beat Fordham in OT 42-41 and Cornell beat Colgate 39-38. Dalton Banks threw for 454 yards and 4 TDS against Gate. This game will be another shootout next week.

toddcudd
    Participant

Man, the O was fun to watch. Did almost anything they wanted, at any time.
    That being said – if I understood the broadcasters, Yale had been averaging 50-something yards per game rushing. They never, ever threatened to be dangerous downfield. And we still had a pretty rough time with their running game.

LUHawker
    LUHawker
    Participant

[quote quote=28480]Man, the O was fun to watch. Did almost anything they wanted, at any time.
    That being said – if I understood the broadcasters, Yale had been averaging 50-something yards per game rushing. They never, ever threatened to be dangerous downfield. And we still had a pretty rough time with their running game.

[/quote]

We haven’t been able to handle a team with a running game for 3 years now. Yale ran all over us last year, too. I didn’t see it, but their 70 yard run makes the stats look a bit worse than it was (but only by a little). The D gave up 28 points. If not for that run, not a terrible showing. Still, we’re too easy to run on. Remember Monmouth and Nova? Penn and Princeton both more pass-oriented.

That commentary aside, it was a 28 point win – against Yale. I’ll take it.

I’m sure Nick would have put up big numbers today, too, but our O has a more explosive look with Brad.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Overall D was avg to a bit above. Edge runs seem to be an ongoing weakness. The 70 yarder dkews stats but we still gave up another big run off the edge.
    Not gonna moan about it. Just wallow for awhile in sweet revenge.
    Jones looks to have a major voncusdion. Had movement in all extremities. At least a month to play again.
    Gate and Fordhamm will be interesting. Neither has a D.
    Suspect Gate let down after running up a big lead. They will be focused on us.

van
    van
    Participant

what’s up with Mish? his punting is not very consistent and since he has been punting his FG accuracy has dropped too

just a simple question, not complaining

• This reply was modified 4 years ago by van van.

toddcudd
    Participant

Kinda wondered the same thing, Van. I wonder if mechanics of one messes with the other? Time to give the other punter a shot, maybe? I think Mish is a really good PK – wouldn’t want to see punting mess that up.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 81 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.