Yale

This topic contains 80 replies, has 21 voices, and was last updated by van van 4 years ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 76 through 81 (of 81 total)
  • Author

Lehigh74
    Participant

Totally agree on Fulmer. If our defensive coordinator was doing anywhere near as good a job as our offensive coordinator we would have a chance to do some special things. Our pass defense seems to be somewhat improved this year but our run defense and overall tackling are abysmal. Unfortunately, our weaknesses play right into Colgate’s strengths.

ngineer
    ngineer
    Participant

One thing about Lehigh offense that I question. While we have put up a ton of points lately, I am not sure how good the opposing D’s have been. The think I note about Folmer is that he does not use much if any men in motion. We will do a shift of the RBs at time from one side of the QB to the other, but no real ‘motion’ plays which can be used for moving LBs and Safties. Maybe we’re not showing our whole playbook, yet, due to OOC games only so far. But I think it curious that we have eschewed these types of plays especially with the type of WRs we have.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Dont think we have sern the playbook yet. Trying to recall if he used static starts only. IIR Folmar has used m in m sets. Now I have to go look :)

sundayamqb
    sundayamqb
    Participant

I found this comment in the New Haven Register, from Yale QB Trey Moore. Read into it what you want:

“We easily could have put up just as many points,” Moore said. “We had opportunities to score and made big plays, we just didn’t convert.”

You can credit the LU D or a shaky Yale O.

As much as I pick on the D, and per some comments above … Lehigh scored very quickly, not giving the D much time to rest. Could that have affected the LU D this week? Maybe. If so, they’d better get used to it.

Great problem to have.

lfnadmin
    Keymaster

[quote quote=28535]“We easily could have put up just as many points,” Moore said. “We had opportunities to score and made big plays, we just didn’t convert.”[/quote]

No offense here, but that’s one hell of a quote. I coulda been Valedictorian, too, I had opportunities to study and get the best grades in my class, but I just didn’t convert.

I see the potential in Yale’s offense to win some ballgames this year, but c’mon. This quote, they should know better.

Doc Qb
    Participant

That Yale QB might think better of his comments after he watches the films today. Other than the runs they did bust on us, I didn’t see a bunch of missed opportunities by their offense, I saw a unit that will struggle all year, is one dimensional, and opposing D’s that can actually stop the run will post shut outs because the Yale passing attack it unremarkable.

But if he saw a few missed opportunities for TDs…great, they would have needed six of them, because we could have scored in the 80s if pressed. On to ‘Gate.

Viewing 6 posts - 76 through 81 (of 81 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.