Yale

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by van van 6 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Missed 1st half. LU up 42-40 after a huge run to take lead. Now to settle in and watch.

Fallon asked Doc about Lieb and Sedore during pregame. Lieb in rehab. Not this year but next.
    Sedore is 100% but given his injury history easing him back in conservatively.
    Thanks Tom.

van
    van
    Participant

couple of guys on this team need to look in the mirror and see if they have what it takes, take too many possessions off

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Yup. Only got to see wnd half so I may not be right but I saw guys going into float mode like they had more important things to do at the moment. I was disappointed after seeing score at half. Too much ole D out there.

travism
    travism
    Participant

Who you referring to van? I agree on defense we need to play a lot better. I also have been saying this team is to worried about jacking up a three pointer and really seeming like once again we really don’t have an offense. One guy I am very dissapointed in so far is Kyle. Thought he be more of a leader this year and really take off from last year. Again. Shootings threes seems to be more important. Another game we could have won

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Well put Travis.

LU65
    Participant

Excellent summary brought to you by the student-run newspaper at Yale.

https://yaledailynews.com/blog/2017/12/07/mens-basketball-elis-stave-off-mountain-hawks/

Couple of individual observations…………

One hell of a game to witness in person. We were down by 19 but came back to take a 2 point lead at the half. Even the fans, who typically sit on their hands, got into it.

Yale is better than 2/3rds of the the team in D-1. Basketball and picked to be in the mix for the Ivy Crown come March. It’s therefore not normally a sin dropping a contest to them – home or away. But, last night was an exception. We didn’t come to play, especially on the D-end, or if we did, we had to be reminded of it 10 minutes after the opening tip in what had to be the harshest tones ever utter by Coach Reed. Simply stated, eyeball to eyeball with this players and in a voice load enough for the fans in Sections 3 and 4 to hear, “WAKE UP!” And, from that moment on, it was an even tilt and the final score not representative of how evenly matched the teams were with less than a minute to go.

Cohen, who always had a sweet pull-up jumper from 12-15′ is now taking a page out of KR’s book and driving to the basket more often and finding success.

JK’s progress under the basket in terms of both comfort and toughness as been remarkable. Yeah, he’ll be ready for 12/29th.

Free Throws starting to drop after slow start to the year. Last three outings: .700, .857, and .818 last night.

Sedore, knee brace and all, was having some fun in the pregame shoot-around with an array of dunks.

van
    van
    Participant

am so impressed with JK, for a freshman he is very polished, looking forward to his improvement over the next few years

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.