Yale

This topic contains 56 replies, has 19 voices, and was last updated by  lfnadmin 6 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 46 through 57 (of 57 total)
  • Author

lfnadmin
    Keymaster

Penn ran 33 times for 302 yards against Ohio Dominican.

Their lead rusher was RB Karekin Brooks with 10 rushes for 142 yards and 2 TDs.

That doesn’t make me feel great.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

The implication that Ohio Dominican has a better D than we do. Ugh

sundayamqb
    sundayamqb
    Participant

What defensive coaching staff can survive with the lack of success Lehigh has had the past several years?

The numbers are incomprehensible. How many embarrassments have there been?

Your O will have bad days. LU is relatively (they still put up good numbers today) hurting now without a consistent running game and Brags. It’s a good test for the new OC.

But if you have no D, you’re doomed.

As of now, with this D, I see no way LU can win the PL title again. They all see LU’s weaknesses and are aiming to knock it off the pedestal. Holy Cross will have a field day if they put up 520 yards vs UNH. How many will they get against LU?

Good news is you still have to play the game and anything can happen. I respect Andy’s loyalty to his coaching staff — and they may be great guys, but …

BTW: This week’s random opposing team running back hero was Zane Dudek, who gained 131 yards in his first collegiate game. Anyone else remember his uncle, Benji, who wrestled at LU and was also from Kittanning, Pa.? His cousin, NFL QB Gus Frerotte?

And Yale’s QB? He averaged 174 ypg passing as a freshman last year in his final four games starting. 308 today. You can’t argue with the numbers.

hawktalker
    Participant

Through three games Defense is giving up on average 500+ yards and 46+ points per game. Of course we’re 0-3.
    Offense is one dimensional, we can’t run the ball.
    This has to turn around fast or this season could rival 2014.
    One consolation…Lafayette appears even worse

Anonymous

5 WINS IS REALISTIC. I PREDICTED BEFORE THE SEASON LAST YEAR OUR EXACT FINAL RECORD. I HAVE BEEN OFF-LINE AND OUT OF COMMISSION FOR AWHILE. THIS DEFENSE HAS NO CHANCE OF TURNING IT AROUND. OUR OFFENSE IS AVERAGE AT BEST. THIS IS A TOTAL TEAM MELTDOWN. COACHING IS SUB-PAR. I SPOKE LAST YEAR HOW ENTITLEMENT WILL KILL A TEAM. THERE’S NO BATTLE FOR JOBS IN THE OFF-SEASON. THIS IS UGLY. THE TEAM PLAYS WITH NO SENSE OF URGENCY BECAUSE THEY ARE ENTITLED. A GREAT TEAM WITH A LOT OF TALENT STILL NEEDS TO BE PUSHED. GREAT PLAYERS WANT TO BE CHALLENGED AND IT IS CLEAR THAT THIS IS NOT HAPPENING. 5 WINS THIS YEAR AND HOME FOR THE HOLIDAYS BOY’S. I DO PREDICT THAT COEN WILL KEEP HIS JOB UNLESS HE DECIDES TO STEP DOWN BUT THE FOR SALE SIGNS WILL BE GOING UP ON ALL THE ASSISTANT COACHES HOUSES IN EARLY NOV…

LehighForLifer
    Participant

PATHETIC ON BOTH SIDES OF THE BALL…THERE MUST BE KIDS ON THIS TEAM WHO ACTUALLY WANT TO BE ON THE FIELD…OR DO WE JUST DO A GROUP HUG AND SEND THE SAME KIDS OUT ON THE FIELD NEXT WEEK?

buck
    Participant

Best way to decide who can play. Separate the men from the boys.

Lehigh74
    Participant

I’m going to give the offense a little bit of a pass. As we all recognize, the defense is pathetically bad. That puts a huge amount of pressure on the offense to score every time we get the ball. It’s very difficult to be consistently effective under those circumstances.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 6 months ago by  Lehigh74.

LehighGuy
    Participant

I agree Game On. I agree LU74. 5 wins is pushing it. I see GU(maybe) n Wagner n LC. That’s it. Coen will stay if he gets rid of D coaches. O coaches set. No changes this week I’m sure, n same results this Sat. We lost our best db, the others are horrible. The freshman can do no worse. They can miss tackles n blow assignments with the best of them! What a turnaround. I miss u Srs from last yr!

LUPhillyPhan
    Participant

Last years LBs were great- leadership and skill. But in no way did coaches look ahead to prepare this years LBs. They can’t read the field, and God knows they can’t tackle. They took Morrow an LB and make him a DE which he is kinda small in size to be playing (but somehow still tackles) and stick him on the line that you have plenty of people for. Just not playing the right people on the line Edmonds is gonna run right up the middle on us, like he was playing against Helen Keller. Get Mitchell outta there. Play more Nace and Lynn, who is aggressive on the field. Thank God for Cavenas and Montgomery. Once again gotta blame the coaches. These kids wanna win.

ngineer
    ngineer
    Participant

I know we had some pretty putrid defenses back in the Hank Small era. He put all top athletes on offense and cared nothing about D. Seems to me, this group has some decent athletes on D, but they are not in position many times to make the play. Out of position results in poor tackling attempts from bad angles. Can our D coaches understand what the opponent’s offense is going to to do and provide the keys? At this point in season, we are now getting film on the coming week’s opponent, so we should be seeing an improvement. If not, then it would seem to me to be the coaching.

lfnadmin
    Keymaster
Viewing 12 posts - 46 through 57 (of 57 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.