Yosha gone.

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Football Yosha gone.

This topic contains 25 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by RichH RichH 9 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    ngineer
    ngineer
    Participant

Not surprised. You could tell he was not the same after the Yale game. I really empathize with him. I felt the same way back in 1971 meeting with Coach Dunlap and assessing how I was physically. I had recurring pains for another ten years before completely healed and realize I made the right call, then, though it was the ‘worst’decision I had to make at that point in my life. But I found other avenues and interests that provided fruitful experience for my future. I hope Brandon has the same opportunities.
    As for the team, we certainly need another back. Whatever became of Kee? The move of a DB to RB not bad idea as some of them have very good speed, but the ability to recruit another RB is needed.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Your conversation with Dunlap much the same as one I had with Cooley. Tough but agree for the best.
    Kee still here. Thought be was a talented kid coming in. OK speed but lot of wiggle. He writes for the B & W. Brooks very quick,shifty but very light. About the same size as Knott.

sundayamqb
    sundayamqb
    Participant

After reading the latest article, I’ve got to question the whole “come back in four weeks to play vs. Fordham thing.” It’s ridiculous that anyone would/should risk greater injury by rushing back — and as someone who has had a similar injury — there’s no way you’re in (top) playing shape in four weeks.

This is college, not the NFL.

That said, I’m not sure Brandon would have been 100 percent by the spring, or even the fall. So I admire his decision.

I am surprised he’s transferring. Too bad he can’t take advantage of a great education at LU, though it must have been some change from THE U. No basket weaving classes here.

sundayamqb
    sundayamqb
    Participant

One more thing.

I do not know what happened to this kid during the year, but I was impressed with him during one of the preseason controlled scrimmages. Powerful inside runner; good size if this is accurate.

No. 30: Nana Amankwah-Ayeh Fr. RB 5-11 200

And maybe Kee gets a shot. Stranger things have happened. Third-stringer Cohen on OL started most games after injuries. Seemed to do a decent job. And remember BB’s performance in 2013 after sitting on bench for three years.

toddcudd
    Participant

Saw a tweet from Nana, maybe a week ago, that his football career was over. Don’t know why, but sounds like he’s done also.

@Ohh_Nanaa · Dec 6
    My football career is over with but I loved every moment of it..I thank the good man above for the last 6 years and all the family I’ve made

sundayamqb
    sundayamqb
    Participant

Wow, good catch Toddcudd!

Maybe we’re down to using Shaf at RB and putting a guy with a cannon at QB.

LehighGuy
    Participant

The NaNa kid was a walk-on. Maybe the grind wasnt worth the time. Just focusing on school i imagine. Good luck to him and Yosha. So now we have 2 RBs on the roster period.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Gotta think a couple of RBs has to be a priority for this class.

ngineer
    ngineer
    Participant

Well we have two committed so far, don’t we?

TMH
    Participant

Although Buskirk has played FB in addition to LB, he has never been a primary back to the best of my knowledge. McCloskey has put up big rushing #s in HS but has been recruited as a DB.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Brooks only one slated for RB. Maybe Andy switches McCloskey to RB. That might depend on success in signing a good every down back.
    Still a long way to go with this class.

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.