Reply To: Game 5: UVA

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Men’s Basketball Game 5: UVA Reply To: Game 5: UVA

lehigh90
Participant

This is a really tough spot for Lehigh tonight. Very few teams in the country defend like Virginia does. They do a great job of controlling tempo, playing at their deliberate pace, and locking it down on the defensive end. Their defensive numbers are not quite what they were last year with the longer shot clock, but they will be patient.

Virginia has good size. Tobey is long, and Gill is long and very athletic in the paint. They have a very solid PG, and a great player in Brogdon. They are experienced and well coached under Tony Bennett. They have a collection of athletic wings. I think Lehigh struggles to get to 60 tonight. Something like 80-55, I would say. I would be surprised if we keep the deficit to 20 points. This is the best team Lehigh has seen in quite awhile. I really wanted to make the trek as much of my family are UVa alums, but after the Lehigh start, too far to go on the day before T’giving. At least the crowd should be light with probably no students.

My only hope is maybe this Virginia team is down a bit from last year. The GW loss was surprising, although they have rebounded nicely. Perhaps they are looking forward to the holiday and the ACC-Big 10 challenge game vs Ohio State.