Reply To: Semi-final Game: AU

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Men’s Basketball Semi-final Game: AU Reply To: Semi-final Game: AU

lehigh90
Participant

As for our expectations for the year, I think everybody had high expectations. We had the best big guy in the league, and returning POY. We had, arguably, the best PG in the league in KR (and he made first team All PL), and we had a really solid wing in AP, who was very good last year. We were missing some pieces (BA, MS and the freshmen), but they looked like complementary pieces, role players. So, I think we went in expecting to finish pretty high in PL and contend for NCAA spot. That’s why we were so disappointed with our start, non-PL slate, and early PL action.

I think the critical players for us have been JC and KL. Those two have really stepped up, and given us really nice production, and 3 point shooting. JC very unsung senior season, and KL looks like a potential POY in the league. Those were the 2 unknowns, who have been knowns for us, and given us 5 strong starters. And, we are getting just enough from our bench.

Going forward, we should win Wed night. We may not, but we have almost everything on our side, and will be a big favorite. But, it’s a tricky game for sure. I think if we win, we avoid the PIG, but look to get a date with one of the behemoths of college basketball. If we draw Virginia, or UNC, I think those are 30 point losses. UVA hammered us early on, and we just don’t have the length and talent to match up there. I think we could hang for awhile with Nova or Xavier, if they are on the 1 line. Don’t foresee wins, but close for a half, and probably run out of gas (like Nova recently, in Allentown). I don’t see us going to Des Moines to face Kansas. I think Raleigh or Brooklyn for sure.