Reply To: 2014-15 Schedule

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Men’s Basketball 2014-15 Schedule Reply To: 2014-15 Schedule

CHIP72
Participant

I think Lehigh (and Patriot League teams in general) should avoid scheduling Division II teams for regular season games in general because they could viably lose those games if they play poorly. However, scheduling D2 teams for exhibition games would be a good idea. Many programs considerably more prominent than Lehigh do that. Heck, teams here in the DC area like Maryland and Georgetown have scheduled PSAC (PA State Athletic Conference – the conference with Kutztown, East Stroudsburg, West Chester, etc.) teams for preseason exhibition games.

As for the D3 teams, I’d prefer if Lehigh played DeSales, Moravian, or Muhlenberg most of the time for their annual D3 game. If those teams aren’t interested or available, then you go ask and bring in a team a little further away but still close, like a Delaware Valley, an Albright or Alvernia, or a Centenary (in Hackettstown) for a game.

Finally, with regard to Billy Taylor’s predecessor as Lehigh head coach…I try not to think about him, except to think how much better the Mountain Hawks have been under Taylor and Brett Reed.

• This reply was modified 9 years, 8 months ago by  CHIP72.