Reply To: Sports Marketing

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Football Sports Marketing Reply To: Sports Marketing

RICHBLDN
Participant

Long time lurker first time poster.

Seems to me if we want to attract folks to Goodman. ADD Lights
7:30 games in September. 4:00 October. 12:30 in November.

LC has lights, Buck has lights, Colgate has Lights. With $5Million for Georgetown, and all the use that will get, they will likely add lights.

2 other pluses for lights. Maybe that would keep the Pro soccer team at Goodman Permanently. And we could return to hosting PIAA high school playoff games, a plus for recruiting, a plus for the Lehigh Valley. Maybe I am wrong, but I suspect a lighted Goodman is better than Allentown SD stadium.

Yeah, I know it is not just the stadium. For parking we need to at least double the lighting around Stabler. And we would need to light the “student parking area” north of the Stadium. I would let the kids continue to party after the game, BUT make sure there would be a plan to make sure no one drives from that lot under the influence. (Train a couple University employees to administer a breathalyzer test before they get to a cop who be before they get to the road.)

I work as a whitewater guide in Jim Thorpe and figure I have missed 1-2 games at Goodman every one of the last 28 years. Must be a lot of other folks who miss games because September-October is the best time for Golf, Hiking, Biking and a hundred other outdoor activities.