Sports Marketing

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Football Sports Marketing

This topic contains 67 replies, has 19 voices, and was last updated by RichH RichH 8 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 68 total)
  • Author

TMH
    Participant

There is been some discussion on here about marketing the Lehigh brand in athletics. Apparently Sterrett agrees on the need for change and will outsource this operation next academic year.

http://lehighsports.com/news/2016/1/4/GEN_0104164658.aspx

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Seems like a good move. Spread the brand and I gudss get somd income ror the ADdpt.

Neighbor
    Participant

Job 1 for this new initiative needs to be securing a substantial size video board stretching the length of the Goodman Stadium locker room roof. Not just a simple, pedestrian, small corner unit, but an enhancement to the event experience in of itself. That includes enthralling those on the end zone hill and beyond.

There is SO much to do with such an upgrade, not to mention its sales potential. This goes beyond football, too.

The Goodman game day experience has grown tired.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Good thought. Goodman has a magnkficnt setting.but much can be do.e to dnhance the experince. Scorsboadd is only one facet but a ndcessary complement.
    Expect we’ll see ads on site and elsewhere. Small price to pay.

ngineer
    ngineer
    Participant

If there be a video board, then put it on the hill in the northeast corner. Similar location where Lafayette has theirs at their field. ON top of locker room destroys view of South Mountain.

Neighbor
    Participant

Yes, ngineer. That could be an issue, especially for lower level spectators. Despite that, I can see a large board being used for graduation speakers, outdoor concerts, and to entertain everyone on the student hill, right outside the gate (tent city), etc.

Additionally, if placed on the hill end, the student tailgaters will never come inside!

buck
    Participant

Stabler needs to be leveled. Horrific venue that has become an embarrassment for Lehigh.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Remember the original drawings and all the excitement. A lot of compromisrs from ghere to construction. My bet is they will redo the interior. Best solution to me is to buy some land adjacent to campus and build a nes one or gut and dxpand Grace Hall.

sundayamqb
    sundayamqb
    Participant

Don’t get me wrong — I love Lehigh’s campus. But it has drawbacks, as some of you noted:

— Lots of better places to play and watch a game than Stabler. Seems like it’s built like a brick s-house, but needs major upgrade.

— It would be great to have, say, a Rauch-type facility — modernized with turf — for recreational players/runners on lower campus. LU’s fitness center is OK, but many students today (and many more in the future) like to play soccer. Even an outdoor turf field would work.

This could be built — as has been done on other campuses — in conjunction with a retail and student housing complex. I like what was done with the new bookstore, but it was just a relatively small project … and should be just a start.

Lehigh was given acres and acres near the Promenades, I think. Make a trade.

— Goodman needs upgrades. It’s major boring. Anyone up for skyboxes?

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Skyboxes would be great particularly for old farts like me who find it more daunging now to brave Nov games :)

wilsonfootball2
    wilsonfootball2
    Participant

Looks like a step in the right direction

buck
    Participant

Grace Hall was botched. 5% of the seats are obstructed, somehow that needs to be fixed.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

The story with Grace Hall is interesting. Grace gave Lehigh a blank check to build it. He wanted a monumental edifice to put his name on. The Administration back then took a frugal approach ,apparently fdarful of overspending his blank check. So they downsized the project. About the only aspect that survived was the front facade. Grace was furious.

guids
    Participant

skybox also means elevator(s).

lfnadmin
    Keymaster

Baby steps. Let’s start with bathrooms, work our way to Skyboxes. :)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 68 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.