1st Game

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Lacrosse 1st Game

This topic contains 13 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by RichH RichH 8 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

TMH
    Participant

Believe it or not, Lehigh lacrosse plays their 1st game of the season this afternoon against NJIT.Combined with both men’s and women’s basketball and wrestling, this should be an exciting sports weekend.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

And nerve wracking :) . NJIT will give us some idea where lax is starting the season. We are picked as a midfle of the pack team that lost a lot of top players. Keys for me are Goalie,FOGO and attack.

TMH
    Participant

NJIT is only entering it’s 2nd season I believe in Div 1 lacrosse. They were winless last year but rotated between awful defense and quite good defense. Offensively they only scored double digits once in a 17-10 loss to Vermont. This should not be close.
    I am more interested in our defense this year which I though was shoddy at best. Sawicki will be fine in goal. Having a GK coach this year should help a lot.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Sawicki can be very good. Our inside D was very small last year. They need to be LBs. DMidies and LSs are good. Midfies need to be more of a long range threat. Replacing the Canadian points will be a key.

• This reply was modified 8 years, 5 months ago by RichH RichH.

TMH
    Participant

Midway through the 1st period and it’s already 5-0. Three of the goals coming from freshmen and another by a soph.
    I’m not sure how much this proves though.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Not much, but we are going to need the fr and so for a good year. Hope the fr defender. Bouhall(?) gers on the field for PT.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Finally home catching up. Rai is a scorer. NJIT game but so outclassed.

TMH
    Participant

I wonder if we have ever had 3 hat tricks in the first 18 minutes before.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Not in the 25 or so years I’ve followed lax. Rai has very good inside moves and strength. Petit a waterbug. Expect ewe’ll see the rest of squad today.

TMH
    Participant

Rai is certainly efficient. 5 shots, 5 goals. I’m not sure if you know but Rai is a Canadian and they play a lot of box lacrosse which really hones your skills in tight quarters.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Very highly recruited. We actually recruited him twicr. He stayed in Canafa the 1dt time. Yup box lacrosse. He will be hard for anyone to guard. We have to have outside threats tho for our inside guys to work.

toddcudd
    Participant

I learned yesterday that lax is in my neighborhood next weekend (@Duke)! I’m sure it’s a long-shot, but if anybody is making the road trip – or knows anyone who is – let me know. Would be thrilled to tailgate with others!

TMH
    Participant

Nice neighborhood!! :-)

I’m not sure we learned a whole lot from the 1st game. Just hoping the results don’t get reversed.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

I wouldn’t be overly optimistic. Do want a competitive effort.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.