2009-2010 OOC

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Men’s Basketball 2009-2010 OOC

This topic contains 17 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  LU65 14 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    RichH
    RichH
    Participant

I agree that Zahir and Hall are the keys but remember that last 2 years Hall wore down by the end of the year. Backcourt depth and hopefully 1 of the 6’8" kids stepping up to take some PT up front will help. Keefer and McCollum hopefully will shoot to take some burden off Hall.

LU65
    Participant

No argument here, Wizard. And, thanks for your comments. I do realize last year’s numbers are just that…last year’s, but at this stage of the campaign there’s little else to look at besides some internet prognostications – some of substance and some truly off-the-wall. I commend Lehigh for booking three talented A-10 teams (Dayton – picked to finished atop the A-10 by ESPN, St. Joe’s and Richmond) this year – each with a load of returning talent. Their RPI’s of 27, 105, and 129, respectively, appear – if anything – to be understated. It’s also fair to say that many – if not most – of the remaining games on our schedule, especially the four 300+ RPI teams (Longwood, NJIT, St. Francis (PA), and Momouth), are set in stone to fulfill prior year contracts. Hopefully, as we are released from these contracts we troll for new and better talent in higher ranked (RPI) yet "local" conferences, e.g., MAAC, AE, and CA. It would also be nice to see two to three "money" games each year. Scholarships don’t come cheap.

LU65
    Participant

A-10 NEWS

ESPN.com has published their Team Capsules and Fran Frashilla has predicted the order of finish in the A-10 this year. A good read. To no one’s surprise, Dayton (vs. LU 12/5/09) is picked to come out on top with Richmond (vs. LU 11/13/09) finishing third and St. Joe’s (vs. LU 12/20/09) 12th in the 14 team grouping. It seems as if Lehigh will also get a chance to see – up close and personal – three of the league’s top 10 talents: Chris Wright, Dayton’s 6/8" forward, Dan Geriot, Richmond’s 6’9" center, and Kevin Anderson, Richmond’s 6’0" guard.

1. Dayton: Coming off 27 wins and an NCAA tourney victory over West Virginia, Brian Gregory’s Flyers return four starters and 10 of their 11 top scorers. Because he is a warrior inside and plays way above the rim, homegrown product Chris Wright is the perfect face of a program that relies on toughness and grit. Sophomore Luke Fabrizius is an outstanding compliment to Wright beyond the arc. This team is my favorite to win the league, but the battle with I-75 rival Xavier will be fierce.

3. Richmond: The Spiders might end up being a surprise on the national level, but Atlantic 10 folks fully expect Richmond to make a run toward the top of the league. Chris Mooney has one of the most underrated backcourts in the country in David Gonzalvez and Kevin Anderson. The return of 6-9 junior Dan Geriot from season-ending knee surgery will give this team an anchor, both inside and out — as long as he returns to his All-Atlantic 10 self.

12. Saint Joseph’s: The loss of the league’s best big man, Ahmad Nivins, is significant. Replacing point guard Tasheed Carr won’t be easy, either. The Hawks have been a consistent 9-7 in A-10 play the past four seasons, and Phil Martelli probably would take 9-7 again in a heartbeat. Guards Darrin Govens and Garrett Williamson will have to play like Jameer Nelson and Delonte West for Saint Joe’s to make noise in conference play.

For more, go to………..
    http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/notebook? … around/a10

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.