This topic contains 183 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by RichH RichH 8 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 184 total)
  • Author

TMH
    Participant

jimk72,
    Per his AAU team, Lieb has recently reclassified to 2016.

As for Miles, by all accounts, he will be leaving after this semester. Saw both he and Cole at the softball tournament though.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Both have been having emotional good byes with their friends and teammates. Rather bittersweet situation. Hope it all works out for these young men.

toddcudd
    Participant

Added Lieb to the list as a ’16. As best I can tell, he has reclassed to 2016, after losing much of his senior season to an ACL injury. In the same places I found that he reclassed, there are also quotes that he’s “keeping his options open” for 2015. Don’t know if that means he’s trying to identify the best prep for next year, or if he’d still entertain a 2015 schollie.
    Anybody know if there are any hard limits associated with reclassing? Is it a true commitment, or more informal?

jimk72
    jimk72
    Participant

Quick note on the “star” designations issued by various scouting services…..Scout, Rivals, ESPN…… We have an offer out to Dylan Painter…6’9″ or 6’10” ** star recruit according to these services. But according to Verbal Commits he has offers from 5 Patriot league teams, 3 Big 10’s, 11 A10’s, 1 ACC 1 Big East, and four other upper mid majors. Apparently stars don’t mean much to coaches, if Verbal Commits has the offers list close to accurate.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

*s in Bball about as reliable as fball below the top echelon 4 and 5 star kids. He just got an offer from Yale per twitter today.

toddcudd
    Participant

Yeah, I continue to be surprised by the inconsistencies at the recruiting sites.

While I’ve seen nothing to indicate that we’ve been eliminated from his consideration, I’d guess that Painter is a LONG shot for us at this point. I’ve seen quotes that he’s planning official visits to Villanova, Iowa, and Xavier.

Hawkineer2
    Participant

Why is MS leaving?

toddcudd
    Participant

Not clear, Hawkineer. But it appears to be a combination of factors, one of which is minutes/opportunity. I suspect that KR bursting onto the scene likely played a role.
    Personally, I think MS would (should?) have seen a lot of minutes and a key role next year, as either a starter or the 6th man. I hope he’s happy with his decision in the end, but I’m sorry to see him go.

toddcudd
    Participant

For another downtime filler: anybody else forming a wishlist among the 2016 recruits? Based on the very limited info and video we have, I really like what I see from G. Williams (SF), Marfo (PF), and Fornes (SG). Add one of the highly rated PGs, and I think we’d have a great class. Maybe D. Martin at the one? We have a lot of good looking prospects at PG, but Martin is likely on my mind due to recency.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

From what I see ,Bball opportunity is the reason he is transferring. No indication of any academic issues. Socially he fit in well with lots of friends. From his twitter ,clear that that was not a problem. Could it be a family issue? No idea.

Hawkineer2
    Participant

Over recruiting of guards – was pretty clear.

pafan11
    Participant

Academics not the issue, social life not the issue, family not the issue, bball part of the issue. The only other factor not discussed is relationship with coach, could be same reasons SW left? Playing time and relationship with coach are probably the number one reasons kids transfer.

TMH
    Participant

Hawkineer,
    Please explain. The outgoing senior class had 2 guards and 1 forward. The incoming freshman class has 2 bigs and 1 guard. The #s are not the problem. Perhaps the quality of that competition is.

toddcudd
    Participant

2016 list updated; just a few new names, mostly appear to be the “sneaky” types – very little info on the major recruiting sites.
    Side note: i’m seeing lots of stuff with Q. Jackson and J. Fornes (who is on my wish list) together. Maybe an opportunity to grab both?

2016 List

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

todd
    Offer to Zach Cottrell G 6’5 Hayesville. NC

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 184 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.