#4 Jake Weir

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Football #4 Jake Weir

This topic contains 15 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by RichH RichH 8 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    RichH
    RichH
    Participant

ILB/DE 6’3 230 4.5/40 Greensburg Central Catholic. Committed this morning.

• This topic was modified 8 years, 8 months ago by RichH RichH.

lfnadmin
    Keymaster

Ask and ye shall receive? :)

LU15
    Participant

Noticed he also had an offer from the Pard.. seriously wonder if the game was a deciding factor. Not just the outcome but the state of the programs!

LU808
    LU808
    Participant

2 yrs in the weight room = Groome II

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

A couple of other PL offers,Temple recruiting.
    Dont know about Pa but Pard status not playing well in north Jersey. Talking to some friends in Essex and Bergen , losing tradition and unsure future of the staff have turned off a lot of the coaches and seniors in the area. Not necessarily to us tho :)
    Pards have emphasized out of area rdcruiting with schollies. Think they will have to double up out there.

LU15
    Participant

I LOVED MIKE GROOME!!

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Geez,hope you are right 808. Wouldn’t mind if he morphed into a Jefferson clone.

LU15
    Participant

Engineer86
    Participant

Wow looks impressive. I have to say there were a few teams, red one, that looked like pee wee teams, but he sure looks like the real deal!

TMH
    Participant

I love the commit but for the sake of full disclosure, Greensburg Catholic plays at the same level the Bragalone and McCloskey did, Class A. Both of those guys made significant contributions this year.
    I would not also be certain that he will be used as a linebacker. He was 1st team AS last year as a DE. I would love to see a 240# MLB but Lehigh has a tendency to put them on the line.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Yup,one caveat ::),GCC is an A but in a substantially stronger league than either Brags or Sam. We have enuf friggin fast DEs already in Johnson,Murrow and Prendergast. Weir may take time to transit up but he is already faster than most of our LBs.
    All D,so far. Hope it keeps up.

TMH
    Participant

Rich,
    Do you have inside information that Foley will be used on D. He plays both OL and DL in HS but most film show him on the OL.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Some ,which makes sense,since our need is to upgrade DL. We’ll see where coaches see him tho :)

ngineer
    ngineer
    Participant

Excellent get. I imagine a lot of recruits see that Lehigh is on the cusp of another great run and want to be part of it. Championships START with DEFENSE. There is a lot of opportunity there for a lot of people.

TMH
    Participant

Here is a good article about Jake and his commitment to Lehigh

https://papreps.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1830000

They have him listed as 6-2, 249#. I’m not sure that is correct.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.