ARD-Community Service

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Football ARD-Community Service

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by RichH RichH 7 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

TMH
    Participant

Six of the seven football players arrested in the off-campus home invasion were sentenced to the ARD program and 30 hours of community. Do the work and keep their noses clean and the record gets erased.

http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/bethlehem/index.ssf/2016/04/community_service_for_trespass.html#incart_2box_lvl-homepage-featured

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Interesting to note that Githens has also applied for ARD. He does qualify technically. His application not before the Court yet.
    Now to see how Andy handles them.

ngineer
    ngineer
    Participant

I thought the article said the six were also suspended from the U for one year? If so, then they’d be out until ’17? Unless the news got it mixed up and the suspension was for the balance of the year, i.e. second semester.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Not clearly written. By rule suspension for a semester automatic in criminal cases. Anything more would requure LU disciplinary proceedings which, I think wont occur until after criminal proceeding ends ul. Githens was not in school but all others were in school this semester. Only one I couldn’t verify is Parsons.
    Still have to see what Andy will do.
    I note that other than Phillips no one was suspended from school then.
    My speculation. II’ll try to see if there is any scuttlebutt on campus.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

OK, with an ARD there is no further Lehigh action. Only Andy.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Back again. Reread Express article should have read Call article. See the confusion. Unclear from article when football suspension started. Whether they are out for next year or was it last yr. Seems to be for next yr. I’ll ask to see if we can get some clarification.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Best feedback is that it looks that suspension ends this yr and guys can return for next season. Not official but that appears to be the situation.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.