CJ in Philly

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Men’s Basketball CJ in Philly

This topic contains 20 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by sundayamqb sundayamqb 8 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author

lehigh90
    Participant

Anybody going Saturday night? Lehigh has several suites and a nice package for alums. I’ll be there with family. Looking forward to seeing CJ play live again.

toddcudd
    Participant

I was planning to attend, and was about to book a flight. Then an unexpected commitment popped up. Very disappointed.

TMH
    Participant

I’ll be there.
    Lehigh90, did you manage to get into the 1st suite or the second?

travism
    travism
    Participant

Are those packages avail for alums ?

TMH
    Participant

It’s a Lehigh Philadelphia Club event that was extended to the Lehigh Valley. They ran something very similar a few years ago with Doug Collins coming up to the box. It pays to visit the Lehigh Events Calendar.

lehigh90
    Participant

I’m not sure which suite I’m in, although I booked right away so assume I’m in the first.

lfnadmin
    Keymaster

The alumni event is sold out, and it has been for a while. More fitting to my budget are some upper-deck seats, which I’m hoping to do as long as my son gets over this flu.

TMH
    Participant

lehigh90,
    I’m in the same box. Hopefully we can meet up. I’ll let you know what I’m wearing as soon as my wife figures it out :-)

sundayamqb
    sundayamqb
    Participant

Some really great stories on CJ and the Blazers out there. It’s clearly an up and coming team centered around CJ and Lillard, both incredibly exciting to watch when they’re on.

If you’re going to game, here’s some great insight from SI (Wish I could be there):

http://www.si.com/nba/2016/01/14/the-fundamentals-trail-blazers-damian-lillard-cj-mccollum-terry-stotts#

toddcudd
    Participant

Eager to hear reports from anybody who attended! I hope the alum events were fun and well-attended.

sundayamqb
    sundayamqb
    Participant

Toddcudd: Me, too; but it looks like CJ and the Blazers had a rough night. Hard to believe they lost after the way they’ve been playing.

But they’re a long way from Oregon; second game in a row.

toddcudd
    Participant

Yep, agreed. Looks like this game was a clunker for the Blazers. Pretty surprising considering how well they’ve been playing and how bad the Sixers are. I’ll be watching for the Philly game on next year’s schedule. Hopefully we’ll have similar events set up.

TMH
    Participant

Philadelphia couldn’t miss a shot if they tried last night and Portland simply looked awful but it happens. Lehigh had a great showing with over 300 alums, staff, family and friends there. CJ made an appearance at our suite after the game, talked a bit about his love for Lehigh, how he still keeps in contact with his old team mates and then signed a bunch of autographs. He is still a class act.
    Despite the results, it was a wonderful night. Hope they repeat it next year.

lehigh90
    Participant

I think Lehigh was a bit aggressive with the tickets on this. Really crowded, and organization could have been a bit better. But, cool night. Sixers played great, which ruined the night for Blazers and CJ. Blazers looked worn out from road trip. CJ was very graceful with fans before the game at the shootaround (a quick hello and thanks), and for a few minutes after the game. He was swamped by fans and well wishers, but still managed to sign some autographs. He looked a little sheepish and overwhelmed by the Lehigh faithful, but he did his best on a tight schedule. Also, on the scene last night B.J. Bailey and Zahir Carrington. Saw another player in the suite at one point, who looked like Joe Knight, but I could definitely be wrong on that one. I overheard from somebody that AD and Corey Goodman may have been in stadium as well. Apparently, CJ was able to meet up with old teammates sometime between the Brooklyn game and the Sixers game. One thing for sure, CJ has reached star status. Amazing how many CJ #3 jerseys in the arena.

TMH
    Participant

Lehigh90,
    It’s not really a matter of Lehigh being aggressive on this event. About 3 years ago, the Philadelphia Club ran the same event with Doug Collins agreeing to come up to the box. It went very well.
    They have been trying to something similar for the last 2 years with CJ but injuries nixed those plans. Club boxes hold about 147 people. Tickets for the 1st box sold out in just a few days. There was a huge waiting list, so they got another box and that sold out almost immediately. To my knowledge they do anything different in a way of promotion. Simply a lot of pent up demand for this.
    Total agreement on everything else.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.