Dan Madden K/P

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Football Dan Madden K/P

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by sundayamqb sundayamqb 9 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Kicker20
    Participant

Check out the huge leg coming-in for an official visit. http://kohlskicking.com/profile/dan-madden/16411/

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Wow. Again,hope he enjoys visit.

ngineer
    ngineer
    Participant

Nice start. But Pandy had a great video, too. A lot of mental toughness needed in this position. That needs to be measured, too.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

IIR,Pandy had a higher ranking. Know zip about kickers. My hope is one of these young men can do the job.

kiregolla9
    Participant

sundayamqb
    sundayamqb
    Participant

At the risk of offending football purists … and kicker20 …

Nothing against Pandy or any of the other kickers Lehigh has had, but I think finding a decent (not elite) PK is pretty simple: Find a kid who played GK on a club soccer team in high school and let him rip. Many of these kids kick the ball 70 yards or more with ease and accuracy. They do so because they practice goal kicks regularly and become consistent — the hallmark of a great football kicker.

I do not care if they kicked the pigskin in high school. Sure, past performance is a great predictor of the future, but … kicking is not rocket science, investing or anything else as complicated. It’s form, consistency and making sure the snap and hold are good.

Save the schollies for athletes whose performances will make a difference on more plays — so we can get to use a kicker

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.