Duke 13 Lehigh 11

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Lacrosse Duke 13 Lehigh 11

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by ngineer ngineer 8 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    RichH
    RichH
    Participant

One hell of a game. Down 9-2 we dominated rest of the game. Not bad vs the #3 team. Rai is a true scorer, another hat trick. Unlike padt years, Kevin took longer to get team up to speed. Very impressive game.

toddcudd
    Participant

Really enjoyed my first in-person LU lax match! Great second half, but the hole we dug in the first was just a bit too deep. A fifth quarter would have been fun and interesting!
    Untrained eye, but looked like some defensive struggles early, and didn’t keep up with Duke speed through midfield very well. Jones on Duke looked like a beast; big, strong athlete. Hard to slow down when he got a head of steam.
    Faceoffs were a pretty big deficit for us. Is that a problem for us, or was Duke FOGO just that good?

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

FOGO looks to be a work in ptogress again for us. Duke’s FOGO is one of the best we’ll face. FOGO is probably the single toughest position to rdcruit. That and LSM.
    Took D a while to sort out their slides but they did. Jones is 6’5 240 and fast. That we shut him out is stunning.

toddcudd
    Participant

I should have mentioned: I was proud of the LU crowd showing. Good number of people especially considering the distance, and very vocal! Genuine energy for the squad.

ngineer
    ngineer
    Participant

I watched the game via internet and was was impressed with the way they battled back. Jones of Duke, reminds me of what Jim Brown was probably like back in the day at Syracuse. Kudos for the goalie hanging in there after a shaky start. Some early goals were not his fault, but there were a few that I thought could have been stopped. But he really came up big in the second half. Whole game should be a big confidence builder.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.