Foulland player of the year ???

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Men’s Basketball Foulland player of the year ???

This topic contains 15 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by RichH RichH 7 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    travism
    travism
    Participant

Over tim ? Are u kidding me ???

van
    van
    Participant

Bucky 15-3, Lehigh 12-6

gives TK some extra incentive should we make finals against Buffs

travism
    travism
    Participant

He’s one of the few player in the nation. Avg 20-10 lol. Are u kidding me. I get Lehigh underachieved and didn’t live up to expectation. But tims stats are clearly better by a landslide. 20-10. Foulland 14-7. Not even close. I would be ok with it if nana was avg 18-19 points and ten boards but there is a big difference there. Very sad. Hope Tim really comes out ticked off

lehigh90
    Participant

Joke

jimk72
    jimk72
    Participant

I’m trying to make sense of this as well. Tim is clearly the best player in the league this year. By far. Why was Foulland, who is a also a very good player by the way, selected?

What is the criteria for the award? The best player on the regular season championship team? Maybe the voters got tired of seeing Tim’s name in print. Was there voter backlash in response to Tim’s wining to the officials. Was there a feeling that we get too many of these type awards because of proximity to the league office (Center Valley)? Another *isser to me is Austin not making the all defensive team.

I’d love to get the always unbiased opinion of everyone’s friend, Bison 137. And finally, who gives a flying (you know what) if we win the tournament?

jimk72
    jimk72
    Participant

And finally, don’t get mad. Get even………

van
    van
    Participant

Nana player of the week twice, Tim 7 times

hawktalker
    Participant

By the numbers this can’t be explained. Against Lehigh Foulard wasn’t even Bucknell’s best player. I wonder if jimk72 hit on the reason. Would coaches really hold it against Tim because he works the Officials? If so that’s very petty of them

RaymondBucknell
    Participant

[quote quote=30832]He’s one of the few player in the nation. Avg 20-10 lol. Are u kidding me. I get Lehigh underachieved and didn’t live up to expectation. But tims stats are clearly better by a landslide. 20-10. Foulland 14-7. Not even close. I would be ok with it if nana was avg 18-19 points and ten boards but there is a big difference there. Very sad. Hope Tim really comes out ticked off

[/quote]

Like it or not, there are more ways to evaluate the impact a player has relative to the overall success of the team than traditional box score stats like total points and rebounds.

http://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/nana-fouland-1.html#all_players_advanced

http://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/tim-kempton-2.html#all_players_advanced

Tim’s points and rebounds per 40 minutes and 100 possessions are clearly not “better by a landslide”, and they are virtually neck and neck in some of the more popular advanced metrics such as WS (win shares) and PER (player efficiency rating). I understand some of the disappointment being shared here, but have a hard time agreeing that this was some sort of grievous injustice.

LU65
    Participant

The Academy Awards and now this. Im thinking Tim and his crew will set the record straight over the next two weeks.

StablerBum
    StablerBum
    Participant

I think it’s pretty simple. The last two seasons prior to this year, Bucknell won the regular season by a single game. Meaning there wasn’t a dominant team.

This year Bucknell went 15-3, which is super impressive. They won the league by three games. That sort of excellence needed to be rewarded – so the coaches gave POY to the best player on a dominant team.

travism
    travism
    Participant

He’s one of few players in nation in being 20-10 lol. Nana eighth in league in scoring. Lol. Hopefully we see them again.

StablerBum
    StablerBum
    Participant

Tim is great. Best big man in LU history.

But Lehigh got swept by Loyola and smoked twice by BU. The squad underacheived and Bucknell overacheived. If I were an impartial observer, it would be hard for me to vote the same POY three straight years without that player ever winning a championship…

He’s said time and again that all he cares about his winning – meaning this shouldn’t bother him. Go win a PL championship and it will mean WAY more than this award.

travism
    travism
    Participant

I understand where your coming from bum.

lehigh90
    Participant

I don’t think they wanted TK to be only 3 time winner in PL history. Don’t think anybody sees him as best player in league history.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.