Future schedules

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Football Future schedules

This topic contains 21 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by RichH RichH 8 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Bored in waiting room. Quick scan ,see Army has added games vs Buck.ell and Colgate thru 2021. So far haven’t seen Lehigh popping up. Got a lot of time to kill,just keep looking.

lfnadmin
    Keymaster

I still want Rutgers, but we’re not going to get Rutgers.

My shortlist to watch is (in no particular order):

BC
    Tulane
    LSU
    Syracuse
    Temple
    Navy
    Army

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

I’d like to add WF,and Temple( for owl).
    At least thru 17 ,we dont appear on any scheds. Still lots of open dates. Betting Joe sticks with one for every class. So perhaps no more til 20-21.(:

TMH
    Participant

I believe our opening game in 2018 is with Navy
    Both Academies I believe pledged to play a Patriot League team each year, when we get to full scholarship.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Well that would fit the plan of one every 4 years. I can see starting in 18 with a full class of schollies. Still hope we do one every other year.

just a fan
    Participant

No disrespect…. No way Jose

ngineer
    ngineer
    Participant

I think a couple ACC schools could be possible (WFU, UVA, Duke)? While with Army and Navy, how about AFA–now THAT would be a great trip!

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

AFA would be great. Went to a game there 10 or so years ago. Absolutely beautiful. Hope we have an in at WF :)

Go Lehigh TU Owl
    Go Lehigh TU Owl
    Participant

While Air Force would be “cool” it’s also a recipe for disaster. Playing a usually good Falcon team at 7,000 feet to start the year in what could be 90 degree weather can be a tall task for good FBS teams, let a lone a team like Lehigh. Colgate ventured out there two years ago and got their butts kicked pretty good.

Obviously Temple, Army, UConn, UMass and Wake Forest would be at the top of my list. I’m not a big fan of FCS vs FBS games but I get it. I also think Old Dominion, App State and some of the MAC schools like Ohio, Akron and Kent State would be solid choices. Once you start getting into teams like UVA, Boston College, Syracuse, Duke(under Cutcliffe), Toleldo, Marshall etc there’s a real chance of an ugly blowout if Lehigh has a less than stellar team.

Generally speaking, I’d avoid those type of games. Lehigh does not need the money so any FBS game should be one where there’s a legit chance to be competitive. With that said, Navy will have no issues scoring 60+ on Lehigh if they got the chance. The Middies would have sunk Lehigh in epic fashion last year. Colgate gets to deal with them to start this season.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

AFA in Oct?Fun.
    Wouldn’t mind a Lembo game. Not thinking we play SEC teams. Local FBS,MAC,CAA seems like a fine mix together with an Ivy or.two.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
    Go Lehigh TU Owl
    Participant

Having lived in the Rockies, early October is about as good as it gets. The Aspens and Cottonwoods are a thing of beauty that time of year. Still, Air Force would be a very tough game. They’re almost always one of the better teams in the Mountain West so that would be a scheduled loss.

Right now Colorado would probably be an easier game. Montana State fans still talk about their win over the Buffaloes.

There’s a lot of FBS programs out there that a usually good Lehigh team can play with. If you wanted to get creative, UNLV, Middle Tennessee State ( located in Murfreesboro, just outside of Nashville), Tulane, SMU and FAU/FIU would be solid choices in terms of destinations.

Villanova and UNH are good models to use. Both schools play the right type of FBS games. UNH is really stepping it up by traveling to San Jose State. That’s a winnable game and a country trip to start the year. Good times if you’re a Wildcat player….

Still, I’d like to see a few intersectional FCS games. Get a home and home with a SHSU (Keeler!), EWU, UNI, Youngstown State, Cal Poly, Montana State, South Dakota State etc. There’s quite a few quality FCS programs that travel around.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

That was when we were at AFA. Just a great experience.
    Glad our UNH series is back. An occasional intersectional game a good idea. Las regular season trip out by you didn’t work out so well. Think it was 77-0.
    Wofford,CalPoly,NDSU, et al.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
    Go Lehigh TU Owl
    Participant

77-14 they lost to Idaho in 1993. I remember that game well because it started right when #1 FSU-#2 Notre Dame ended. Talk about a contrast between two games!

Lehigh did play at St. Mary’s in 1998, Wofford in 2000 and Drake in 2010 so they have shown the itch to get adventurous.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

A little adventure would be nice. Befitting my current mood,a little info from LU about team,schedules…would be great.

FatHawk
    Participant

Have promoted a Lehigh vs Georgia Tech game on their Stingtalk forum.

They used to be called the “Engineers” too.

Pregame activities could feature a Brain Game with our Gear Heads vs their Gear Heads.

We could end the weekend 1-1. And caught on the right day could be 2-0 after a fine weekend in Atlanta.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.