Game 18: Army

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Men’s Basketball Game 18: Army

This topic contains 9 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by RichH RichH 8 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

LU65
    Participant

Game Notes

LU’s

http://www.lehighsports.com/custompages/Game%20Notes/Men's%20Basketball/2015-16/29%20-%20Lehigh%20at%20Army%20West%20Point%20Notes%20022716.pdf

AWP’s

http://sidearm.sites.s3.amazonaws.com/goarmywestpoint.com/documents/2016/2/25/30_Lehigh.pdf?id=6412

KenPom

LU (14-14, 12-5) ranked 172nd with an RPI of 182
    @
    AWP (18-11, 9-8) ranked 217th with an RPI of 198
    AWP wins by 2 (77-75)

We entered the final game of the regular season riding the crest of an 8-game winning streak, having put away our opponents – 4 at home and 4 on the road – by an average score of 74.4 to 62.5 over the month of February. It’s been a month like none other I can recall. Lessons seemed to have been learned and skills mastered. The players, coaches and fans alike are all having fun. We’ve peaked at just the right time and it’s been a joy to watch it come about. Congrats to all associated with the program.

Army Game

With the #2 seed in the bag, why worry about winning our 13th in the PL, 9th in a row, and capture the chance – albeit slim – to finish first and thereby lock up a post-season bid? I’m not sure what the coaches have said but to me it’s simple: Go into the playoffs on a high, thinking you’re invincible, is a far better mind set to have than the one you carry in coming off a loss, wondering if you can get “it” back in time for the next opponent. From what I sense, I don’t think we’ll have anything to worry about – attitude and effort wish – when it comes our play tomorrow. I’m expecting an all-out performance and would be disappointed with anything less.

How we get the #1 Seed

We beat Army
    and
    Navy beats Bucknell
    and
    Holy Cross beats Boston U.
    and
    Colgate beat Lafayette

Our Next Game (Thusday, March 3rd at Stabler)

If we end up the #2 seed, we’ll play the winner of the Tuesday game between #10 (Lafayette) @ #7 (to be determined)

If we earn the #1 seed, we’ll play the winner of the #9 (Holy Cross) @ #8 (to be determined)

Look forward to seeing you up at The Point tomorrow!

lehigh90
    Participant

I’m jealous for those going. Thought I could make it, now I can’t.

TMH
    Participant

I’m really looking forward to going to this game tomorrow. The battle under the boards should be something between Kempton and Ferguson. In PL play TK is #1 in scoring, Ferguson is #7.
    Ferguson is #1 in rebounding, TK is #3. This may have an impact on POY.

lehigh90
    Participant

Rebound the damn basketball. Ridiculous.

lehigh90
    Participant

We rebound, we’re up 15 at half, instead of 4. Can’t let Army hang around.

toddcudd
    Participant

Totally agreed. Allowing WAY too many ORs.

lehigh90
    Participant

We push lead, then go to bench and we are in trouble.

Hawkineer2
    Participant

Down goes Army.

Great games by Kempton and Ross.

lehigh90
    Participant

Another great win. Team paying so well. Amazing performance by TK today. Looks like we have best PG and best big man in league. Like our chances.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

What a game. From 2-10 to 15-14. TK sewed up POY.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.