Get rid of the \"gather to gloat\" headline which is demeaning.

Forum Forum Suggestion Box Suggestions for the Lehigh Sports Forum Get rid of the \"gather to gloat\" headline which is demeaning.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by RichH RichH 10 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

youngfan
    Participant

Get rid of “Gather to Gloat”

toddcudd
    Participant

Personally, I feel offended and demeaned by the name “youngfan”. This seems, via contrast, to imply that I am old. This is a sensitive subject for me these days…

;-)

van
    van
    Participant

Yeah, and didn’t Young play for the 49’ers? Why is a 49’er fan on our site?

Miller
    Participant

Since most(really all) young fans(or really young people) think they know all, what would be a better headline for the young people to grasp and appreciate? Doesn’t really matter since this board is rarely used. Demeaning? really?Thank God I’m not young and dumb with zero direction. Let’s gloat!

toddcudd
    Participant

Well, I had my fun goofin’ on youngfan. I hope you know that we’re just clownin’. I know we’ve discussed this here on the forum in at least one other thread. I think we’ve heard the point, and the vast majority feel that the headline is in good, competitive fun. I’d propose that someone (LFN?) bang the gavel – “objection duly noted, overruled”.

TheCobbler
    Participant

If RichH didn’t have a place to gloat, what else would he do with his life?

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

LOL so true Cobbler. While gloat may be too narrow a descrption, it does have a hint of optimism that we all will have something to brag about. I guess LFN could be more specific by including bitch,moan etc ….:)
    And fellas ,as far as I am aware, there is no age requirement here. Hell, I think anyone from the 80s to now are young’uns even,dare I say it, whippersnappers.:)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.