Hate Gate Week

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Football Hate Gate Week

This topic contains 11 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by RichH RichH 10 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Second hurdle in our 3 game season.

Bassetts has us as 70/80% chance of winning by 10

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Still hanging at 19 in coaches poll.

Lehigh74
    Participant

After the Holy Cross game, I feel a lot better about our chances than I did after Bucknell. Shafnisky was very impressive and the defense looked like different players in the same uniforms. It’s never easy to beat Colgate especially in Hamilton. We are going to have to bring our A game and avoid turnovers.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

19/20 in polls. Agree 74. Blitzing may not work as well as McCarney is a senior QB and now healthy enuf to run. D still must try to dictate which to me means being just as aggressive. Gate D not as solid as HC overall altho better than earlier this yr. They now have a real D coach in Shaffner. Guess we’ll have Shaf. Gate familiar with running QBs :) ,so I dont expect a perfect game again from him .

To me the MVP of Cross game was the OL.If they maintain that level we will win comfortably

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Massey’s give LU a 72% chance of winning 34-27

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Game notes up. Andy not telling who is going to be at QB.OL back to full strength.Nunes and Douglas OK.

Of note Gate has the smallest DL ( 6’1 245) that we’ve seen this year.And I thought ours was too light

ngineer
    ngineer
    Participant

I’m feeling very good about this one. First, the weather looks like balmy 50’s which is a good omen right there. Second, we’re pretty healthy in the trenches and LBs, where I think the game will be won. Third, the defense really came alive last week and I expect the same intensity and a ‘strong spy’ on McCarney–probably Laub’s job. The OL coming off a strong week keeps the mojo and holes for Sherman…another 150+ yard game I smell. Mac and Shaf keep the Raiders guessing.

LUHoops00
    Participant

All u football nuts, You gotta run with shaf right?

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

LOL Clear Shaf is a better passer and at least as good as a runner. Is he as good a QB? Key to Air Lehigh O is making correct reads and avoiding mistakes. Matt’s mistakes were all poorly thown passes to usually open WRs. Will he improve in this game? Dont know but it is more likely that Shaf ,as a frosh with extremely limited experience in LU offense,will make more errors raising the probability of more TOs.

As a coach ,I would lkely start MM and alternate Shaf. As a fan ,I want Shaf. I think Dave can sculpt the O to fit Shaf’s ability.

• This reply was modified 10 years, 5 months ago by RichH RichH.
    sundayamqb
    sundayamqb
    Participant

I get with Shaf and MM and tell them something similar to what Andy told them last week … MM starts (if you’re Colgate, you have to expect NS, right?), but Shaf comes in when we need him. See how game goes.

As a fan I like Shaf.

Both guys have to be ready.

• This reply was modified 10 years, 5 months ago by sundayamqb sundayamqb.
    van
    van
    Participant

Not sure I can share ngineer’s optimism, D was better against Crossers but I need more to be a believer. Spy on McC is imperative, Caslow should be the spy as he can fly to the ball.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Was thinking Caslow or Campbell. Agree on Caslow. Gate’s run option has hurt us every yr. Campbell better suited to stay on option guy. Key is we must control middle of LOS, limiting effectivenss of option
    Mistakes will decide this game.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.